Identical twins still have differences it would pick up.
    You don’t know this for certainty. They made the statement during the keynote that if you have an “evil twin” you should use your passcode.

I’d wait to make these claims until the phone releases. I’d imagine it would work fine but there are always situations where it may not. Twins may be one of those situations.
    09-12-2017 06:42 PM
    Right now my concern is with the ongoing threat of a "police state" and the fact that now your phone can't be searched w/o a court order and/or the fact they can "force the thumbprint" to open. A big + for iOS 11 is the fast lock, to remove the thumbprint option and force the code. Now with the "Face" they just hold it up to your face and open your phone. The only thing you can do is close your eyes or turn your head. But it will be much easier to force someone to "open the phone".. so there's that.
    My concerns exactly
    09-12-2017 07:23 PM
    You don’t know this for certainty. They made the statement during the keynote that if you have an “evil twin” you should use your passcode.

I’d wait to make these claims until the phone releases. I’d imagine it would work fine but there are always situations where it may not. Twins may be one of those situations.
    Agreed! I graduated with two pairs of identical twins and there was no telling one pair apart, and the other pair was the same way except one would do her hair different than the other.
    09-12-2017 07:26 PM

If someone has issues with an evil twin, they have bigger issues.
    09-12-2017 07:29 PM
    If someone has issues with an evil twin, they have bigger issues.
    It’s not so much about the “evil twin” joke as much as it’s about the FaceID potentially struggling with identical twins. We won’t know until November but Apple made it a point to mention those possible troubles. I imagine that was for a reason.
    09-12-2017 07:48 PM
    It’s not so much about the “evil twin” joke as much as it’s about the FaceID potentially struggling with identical twins. We won’t know until November but Apple made it a point to mention those possible troubles. I imagine that was for a reason.
    Guess I missed that part.
    09-12-2017 07:59 PM
    Does the X also have Touch ID?
    There's no physical Home button on the X, so not sure how it would work without it. When using the Compare feature on the Apple website, Touch ID is not there.

Agreed! I graduated with two pairs of identical twins and there was no telling one pair apart, and the other pair was the same way except one would do her hair different than the other.
    I have a set of identical twins in my life currently, and aside from one having long hair and the other having short hair there is one difference. One of them has a small mole right on her lower eyelid. Before one of them cut their hair that was the only way you could tell them apart. Even their tattoo's match.
    09-12-2017 08:40 PM
    I have a set of identical twins in my life currently, and aside from one having long hair and the other having short hair there is one difference. One of them has a small mole right on her lower eyelid. Before one of them cut their hair that was the only way you could tell them apart. Even their tattoo's match.
    Interesting I never paid attention to any moles or scars on their faces. That pair was in high school. In college I had one pair of identical twins and they both looked alike except the one had a different jawline because she was in a car wreck. Twins are pretty interesting!
    09-12-2017 08:52 PM
    Interesting article for this....

Apple iPhone X Face ID feature raises concerns around privacy and surveillance
    http://a.mynews.ly/!MD.GvbDz
    09-13-2017 03:58 AM
    Right now my concern is with the ongoing threat of a "police state" and the fact that now your phone can't be searched w/o a court order and/or the fact they can "force the thumbprint" to open. A big + for iOS 11 is the fast lock, to remove the thumbprint option and force the code. Now with the "Face" they just hold it up to your face and open your phone. The only thing you can do is close your eyes or turn your head. But it will be much easier to force someone to "open the phone".. so there's that.
    As a criminal defense attorney my best advice is don’t get arrested and it won’t be a problem.
    Spencerdl and Tartarus like this.
    09-13-2017 07:18 AM
    Does the X also have Touch ID?
    No.
    TripleOne likes this.
    09-13-2017 07:25 AM
    As a criminal defense attorney my best advice is don’t get arrested and it won’t be a problem.
    LOL...I'm sitting here like what do these people have to hide. What are they some type of Master Mind for a ring of criminals...LOL.
    It's not that serious, I just don't want someone who doesn't belong in my iPhone to have easy access. I'm not worried about law enforcement because I'm not living like that...LOL
    09-13-2017 07:29 AM
    Interesting article for this....

Apple iPhone X Face ID feature raises concerns around privacy and surveillance
    http://a.mynews.ly/!MD.GvbDz
    Cops can unlock your phone without a warrant if you use TouchID. I'm curious to see what happens with FaceID.
    Ralph Morgotch likes this.
    09-13-2017 09:37 AM
    Has little to do with "getting arrested" it can be as little as "walking down the street" or "going through customs or TSA" or being "Black, Latino, Muslim" in front of any LEO that has a grudge or new "Trump World" attitude. It's about the right to privacy.
    09-13-2017 10:29 AM
    Has little to do with "getting arrested" it can be as little as "walking down the street" or "going through customs or TSA" or being "Black, Latino, Muslim" in front of any LEO that has a grudge or new "Trump World" attitude. It's about the right to privacy.
    Wow, are you ever misinformed!
    DarkKnight08 likes this.
    09-13-2017 10:41 AM
    LOL...I'm sitting here like what do these people have to hide. What are they some type of Master Mind for a ring of criminals...LOL.
    It's not that serious, I just don't want someone who doesn't belong in my iPhone to have easy access. I'm not worried about law enforcement because I'm not living like that...LOL
    Exactly!
    09-13-2017 10:43 AM
    Cops can unlock your phone without a warrant if you use TouchID. I'm curious to see what happens with FaceID.
    All one needs to do is close their eyes. Face ID would then not work.
    09-13-2017 10:45 AM
    Exactly!
    Good for you, glad you live a life where people are kind, and just or just wealthy. Where we live, we see the police daily in the community. People are being hassled for how they look, what religion they practice, or what country they came from. Enjoy your glass bubble, it's not like that for many of the population. Just ask the 800K dreamers who now have their lives in turmoil. Enjoy your Eden, many of us can't.
    09-13-2017 10:46 AM
    I don't have anything to hide. It's more I don't want people messing with my phone as I've had coworkers and family members text my now ex-fiancée things from my phone. Speaking of my ex-fiancée, she would go through my texts and get pissed when I was texting female coworkers about work. It's to avoid scenarios like that.
    09-13-2017 11:08 AM
    I don't have anything to hide. It's more I don't want people messing with my phone as I've had coworkers and family members text my now ex-fiancée things from my phone. Speaking of my ex-fiancée, she would go through my texts and get pissed when I was texting female coworkers about work. It's to avoid scenarios like that.
    I'm sure that Face recognition security is more than adequate for that type of protection.
    Sherry_B likes this.
    09-13-2017 11:10 AM
    09-13-2017 11:20 AM
    Mod Note

Let's do what Spencer said. I just cleaned up another 5+ posts that were off topic. If you want to discuss the other thing (those of you know what I mean) I invite you to go to the political section of the forum and you can continue that debate. Let's get back to the topic of Face ID.

Thanks.
    09-13-2017 11:29 AM
    Face id is trash
    09-13-2017 11:31 AM
    My best guess is that Apple isn't claiming that it is more secure without any reason to say so. I'm curious to see how it plays out in the real world.
    09-13-2017 11:36 AM
    Mod Note

Let's do what Spencer said. I just cleaned up another 5+ posts that were off topic. If you want to discuss the other thing (those of you know what I mean) I invite you to go to the political section of the forum and you can continue that debate. Let's get back to the topic of Face ID.

Thanks.
    Thanks Mobile Nations Moderator Almeuit. I was just coming to clean up. Thanks for the assistance.
    Almeuit likes this.
    09-13-2017 11:36 AM
78 1234