Was in London recently and noticed a few things:

1. iPhones appeared to be the most prevalent mobile device (that I could see)
    2. Most iPhones were being used without cases (observed on the tube, streets, restaurants, stores, etc.).
    3. Most iPhone users walked around city/rode tube with headphones (in or over the ear)

Not sure if the "trends" or use cases above are prevalent in other major cities.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-09-2017 08:59 AM
    Yes I find that the "trends" differ from location/city/town/state very much. In my area Otterbox/Lifeproof are the local trend, and if I go north, the trend changes to Apple () Leather cases or naked iPhones. Overall, in my state of Georgia (what I notice anyway) iPhones are the majority, about 75% iPhones.
    Trees likes this.
    09-09-2017 09:16 AM
    I see so many people without a case... I always,always think how brave they are to not worry about a case at all!!
    Trees likes this.
    09-09-2017 01:46 PM
    I go naked sometimes. The iPhone just looks sechsy without a case.
    Trees likes this.
    09-09-2017 02:42 PM
    In Australia, it’s about 65-70% iPhone users. Most people have a case on and I rarely see someone using their iPhone naked. The same goes for Indonesia.
    Trees likes this.
    09-09-2017 05:00 PM
    My next-door neighbour also has an iPhone 7, and when I talked to her on the elevator I noticed she had a cracked glass screen protector and I said why don't you get a case, and she said she has never got around to it. Well I had an extra Vena "Harmony" case that I had bought for my iPhone a few months ago but didn't like so I gave it to her. How can people not make time to get a good case if they're prone to dropping it and we're talking about hundreds of dollars if they do drop it and smash it or whatever.
    Last edited by Ralph Morgotch; 09-09-2017 at 10:40 PM.
    Trees, Trees and libra89 like this.
    09-09-2017 05:58 PM
    Here in Orlando, my observations are as follows:

1. I see a good mix of smartphone brands.
    2. I see more Apple Watches than non-Apple smartwatches.
    3. The people I see wearing headphones are people in their teens and twenties, excluding the workplace.
    4. I see more MacBook Air and MacBook Pro devices than any other.

Still, my observations may differ from someone else here in Orlando, depending on the location.
    Tartarus and Trees like this.
    09-09-2017 06:45 PM
    I see so many people without a case... I always,always think how brave they are to not worry about a case at all!!
    Was thinking similarly. I didn't see too many cracked screens. Perhaps many people have mastered the ability to not drop phones?
    jr866gooner likes this.
    09-10-2017 07:51 AM

That could be a reason for what I observed. Maybe the "no case look" is trendy?
    09-10-2017 07:54 AM
    Here in Orlando, my observations are as follows:

1. I see a good mix of smartphone brands.
    2. I see more Apple Watches than non-Apple smartwatches.
    3. The people I see wearing headphones are people in their teens and twenties, excluding the workplace.
    4. I see more MacBook Air and MacBook Pro devices than any other.

Still, my observations may differ from someone else here in Orlando, depending on the location.
    That's more along the lines for what I was expecting to see. Headphone users were varying ages. I think it may partially be to create a "force field" around the users so they don't have to interact with others on the streets and tube; but could be wrong.
    09-10-2017 07:55 AM

Agree it looks better without case. I can't risk the off chance as drops do happen for me.
    09-10-2017 07:57 AM
    Yes I find that the "trends" differ from location/city/town/state very much. In my area Otterbox/Lifeproof are the local trend, and if I go north, the trend changes to Apple () Leather cases or naked iPhones. Overall, in my state of Georgia (what I notice anyway) iPhones are the majority, about 75% iPhones.
    That's an interesting variation within the state. Are rural and suburban users more likely to use cases, while urban users not?
    09-10-2017 07:59 AM
    My next-door neighbour also has an iPhone 7, and when I talked to her on the elevator I noticed she had a cracked glass screen protector and I said why don't you get a case, and she said she has never got around to it. Well I had an extra Vena "Harmony" case that I had bought for my iPhone a few months ago but didn't like so I gave it to her. How can people not make time to get a good case if they're prone to dropping it and we're talking about hundreds of dollars if they do drop it and smash it or whatever.
    That was nice of you.
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    09-10-2017 08:03 AM
    In Australia, it’s about 65-70% iPhone users. Most people have a case on and I rarely see someone using their iPhone naked. The same goes for Indonesia.

That was my expectation, and similar to what I typically see around home.
    09-10-2017 08:04 AM
    That's an interesting variation within the state. Are rural and suburban users more likely to use cases, while urban users not?
    I would say yes. It seems that the urban areas need to show off what type of phone they're using and upgrade yearly where as the rural areas want protection for longevity.
    Trees likes this.
    09-10-2017 08:49 AM
    That's more along the lines for what I was expecting to see. Headphone users were varying ages. I think it may partially be to create a "force field" around the users so they don't have to interact with others on the streets and tube; but could be wrong.
    For some people that may be true, but not for others. Some people may be on a conference call or simply want to be able to hear the person they’re talking to. Others may simply be listening to music, an audio book, a podcast or simply want to drown out excess noise due to stress, headache, etcetera.
    Trees likes this.
    09-10-2017 09:29 AM
    Was thinking similarly. I didn't see too many cracked screens. Perhaps many people have mastered the ability to not drop phones?
    I'd love to use my red 7 with no case but I just know I'd damage it either by dropping or needlessly scratching it and ruining it. I don't have the money to keep fixing it due to daft drops when I can protect it with a case and be happy to do so!
    Trees likes this.
    09-10-2017 12:40 PM
    That was nice of you.
    I told her she could shove five dollars under my door, for the case but she hasn't yet ;-) I guess I can let it go after all I only paid $13 for that case :-)

Here is the case she got, I made a vid review for it.

Trees likes this.
    09-10-2017 06:27 PM
    good observation.
    09-11-2017 08:29 AM
    I go naked myself and from what I see around me it’s a 50/50 thing. Some cases some not. I’ve even cracked my screen once and had to use insurance. I still go naked. I love the form factor.
    09-22-2017 12:28 AM