Wireless charging + the new iPhone: How do you feel about it?

Cella Lao Rousseau

Staff Writer, iMore.com
Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
There have been a couple of rumors swirling around the new iPhone: more specifically, potential wireless charging capabilities!

Is this a particular feature that you're excited about, or would you rather opt for the classic way of charing your iPhone?

Is there a maybe another rumor that you're expecially excited about regarding the new iPhone? What to you think?!

:huh::confused::yes:

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
The wireless charging is nice, but it would nice if the rumors that it’s only half the speed of other wireless chargers I would be a little disappointed.

For other rumors I’m excited about? Maybe the more recent rumor that the new longer power button will be a multi purpose button for Siri and camera shutter controls.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I’m excited about wireless charging. The only problem I will have is if it is way slower than the industry standard.

stuttz

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
I have a Spigen wireless charger on my bedside cabinet and it’s great, I’m probably going to invest in several and place them all round the house for convenience... I tried an S8 Plus a while back and that charged wirelessly faster than my 8 Plus but it’s certainly not slow.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I've been very excited about this option. I plan on having several as well... for home, work and my "go bag" so that I can use one in other places. I am still undecided about which one to buy. Because I want to buy several, I'm looking for affordability, but I also want quality. I from what I've read, I "think" I only want to purchase only qi certified! Since I'm not getting a new phone until the holidays, I've got the "luxury" of benefiting from the experience and reviews of others!

stuttz

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
I've been very excited about this option. I plan on having several as well... for home, work and my "go bag" so that I can use one in other places. I am still undecided about which one to buy. Because I want to buy several, I'm looking for affordability, but I also want quality. I from what I've read, I "think" I only want to purchase only qi certified! Since I'm not getting a new phone until the holidays, I've got the "luxury" of benefiting from the experience and reviews of others!

I would definitely recommend the Spigen chargers, very good quality and the price isn’t bad either. I have the stand type and I have just order the flat disc type. With electronics I would always rather buy a “named brand” than some Chinese version and Spigen have always provided good stuff whether it’s chargers or cases.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I would definitely recommend the Spigen chargers, very good quality and the price isn’t bad either. I have the stand type and I have just order the flat disc type. With electronics I would always rather buy a “named brand” than some Chinese version and Spigen have always provided good stuff whether it’s chargers or cases.

Thanks for the tips! I really appreciate it!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Take it or leave it. The way I charge my devices, I like for them to be sitting up on my nightstand so I can see them from my laying, sitting or standing position.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I bought a wireless charger. With that being said, I have used it once. It does cause a lot of heat with the battery, so I am kind of wary of the effect that will take on the battery down the road. It is nice to have, but not a deal breaker by any means. I would much rather them stick a fast charger in the box.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I've been using wireless charging for years thanks to Android phones using it since 2012. So when I use it on my iPhone X, it's just out of habit now. I'm glad Apple finally put that feature on iPhone, but they should've done it a couple of years ago.

jgmarz

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I bought a wireless charger. With that being said, I have used it once. It does cause a lot of heat with the battery, so I am kind of wary of the effect that will take on the battery down the road. It is nice to have, but not a deal breaker by any means. I would much rather them stick a fast charger in the box.

I also notice tons of heat when charging wirelessly. Is that normal?????

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I also notice tons of heat when charging wirelessly. Is that normal?????

How much is a ton? From my experience it is not normal.
My SO and I are both charging our 8+ on a wireless and not getting any heat. And that’s after any amount of time. Ranging from 5 minutes to a few hours.

linear2202

May 15, 2016
Visit site
I have read the heat generated with wireless charging due to the inefficiency of it is not good for the battery longevity. I'm not interested.
Plus, I pick up my phone way to much while it's plugged in and charging

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
There have been a couple of rumors swirling around the new iPhone: more specifically, potential wireless charging capabilities!

Is this a particular feature that you're excited about, or would you rather opt for the classic way of charing your iPhone?

Is there a maybe another rumor that you're expecially excited about regarding the new iPhone? What to you think?!

:huh::confused::yes:

Wireless charging is alright. I purchased one right after I purchased my iPhone 8. It stays at my desk at work. When I opt to charge it at home (during the weekend), I simply use a lightning charging cable. To be honest, I don't need anything more than that.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2