How much are you willing to pay for a new iPhone?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I draw the line at $99 billion

I’m okay with $1,200-1,300 provided the value in what I’m getting in return is there.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m willing to pay what I typically pay for a iPhone. One of my closest friends asked me if I was getting the iPhone 8, and my answer was this - if it’s price the way the original rumors indicate, then no I won’t get it. I’ll get an iPhone 7S instead and then give my youngest son my current iPhone 7 Plus, and I meant it!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I’m willing to pay what I typically pay for a iPhone. One of my closest friends asked me if I was getting the iPhone 8, and my answer was this - if it’s price the way the original rumors indicate, then no I won’t get it. I’ll get an iPhone 7S instead and then give my youngest son my current iPhone 7 Plus, and I meant it!

I bookmarked this post. Let’s see how you feel after watching the keynote

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Does it end up behind no more or the same amount?

Depends on the provider.
The iPhone 7 Plus 256GB was €1129 at the Store and when I got it with 24 installments with my data plan the total sum is gonna be €979 euro.
That’s a discount of €250. I guess they did/do this so you won’t change carriers and to attract new customers.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Depends on the provider.
The iPhone 7 Plus 256GB was €1129 at the Store and when I got it with 24 installments with my data plan the total sum is gonna be €979 euro.
That’s a discount of €250. I guess they did/do this so you won’t change carriers and to attract new customers.

Sure, they make money on service so customer retention is important.

I won't do that any more. I want the freedom to leave whenever I want and purchase whatever I want.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Sure, they make money on service so customer retention is important.

I won't do that any more. I want the freedom to leave whenever I want and purchase whatever I want.

I don’t change carriers that often. Have been with T-Mobile for over 8 years now. I’m happy with them and they are cheap for my use-case.

If I want to get a new iPhone before my installments are paid off, I have to ability to get a early renewal. It’s cumbersome but definitely worth the pain.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I have been getting mine on installments and then pay it off early. I already paid off my 7 Plus so I'll get the 8 on installments and pay it off next year before September.
It works for me, and I don't worry about the initial cost of the device.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I don’t change carriers that often. Have been with T-Mobile for over 8 years now. I’m happy with them and they are cheap for my use-case.

If I want to get a new iPhone before my installments are paid off, I have to ability to get a early renewal. It’s cumbersome but definitely worth the pain.

As long as you're happy, that's what's important.