• 00Days
  • 00Hours
  • 00Mins
  • 00Secs
Check out the best deals!
    I’m hoping that this new Face ID will be great enough to replace Touch ID for the time being ������
    It had better be. Seeing how temperamental Face Recognition is on other devices (is terrible on my windows laptop for example), So I really don't want it if it's a full replacement for TouchID. TouchID on the iPhone just works flawlessly, and I'd really miss it if it was gone! (that being said, Apple's version of fingerprint sensors were way superior to many of the other device's fingerprint sensors, so hopefully Apple do a good job of FaceID, and have made a flawless one if they do).

If there are no issues with it, I may change my mind, but at this point, I am on the fence. (and personally I'd prefer it to have still kept TouchID, as I strongly prefer doing it that way compared to Face recognition anyway, even if there was a version that did work).

Judging by the rumors though, TouchID is already gone (unless it's embedded under the screen). -Now THAT, I really COULD get behind. ....but something tells me that ain't happening either). So I may end up having to skip the iPhone again completely this year. I do have three perfectly good iPhones already, and the great thing about Apple devices is they last so brilliantly well. So unless there is a feature that makes it worth upgrading, I'll continue to stick with the models I've got.

TouchID I find so vitally useful, that even when my iPhone finally breaks one day and I have to finally replace it, I will be purposefully buying a model that has it (even if it means going for an older model just to do so). it really is one of Apple's greatest innovations in my opinion, and to get rid of it just makes zero sense to me. Never got onboard with removing the headphone jack either, so the cool thing about the older models is I get to have the best of both worlds by doing so.

Don't get me wrong, I love my iPhone, and will probably be a lifelong iPhone user, but I will only ever buy the models that have the features I find useful, and those are the big two dealbreakers for me for an iPhone not to have. So unless new models get released that have those features, I'll keep skipping them for as long as I can get away with, and just buy the older specific models I like when replacements are necessary.

Wireless charging is a feature that I'd still upgrade for though (which I would do even long before my existing iPhones have fully expired, and would probvably rush out to buy one on the first day), -It would still need some form of Touch ID though (or for me to be 100% satisfied that the Face recognition worked as well as Touch ID did).

The headphone jack is probably never going to return though, so while I do find that immensely annoying, at least I can work around that by using an adapter if an iPhone comes out with a feature I really want. But losing TouchID aswell, is getting into the realms of newer iPhones just becoming way less useful than I need them to be. (it feels like despite the prices going up, the features feel much more like downgrades than upgrades).

So while I get that not everyone will have the same opinion as me, and many people are happy to give certain things up in place of what they put in instead, this is by no means all of us, and I know I'm far from alone in thinking this.

I also get why when bringing out new features there is often a tradeoff in terms of physical space they can put that technlogy. So my hope is that in future when they release more than one iPhone model side by side, that they do it in a way that gives users the CHOICE, based on which are the features they most treasure (and in many cases, rely upon).

For example... While many people have said for years that they hate the bezels and don't care to lose TouchID in order to go bezel-less, there are just as many others like myself who LOVE TouchID and didn't actually care one way or another about whether it has bezels or not, so did not find that to be a worthy tradeoff. So one model doing it one way, while the other model doing it the other way, means they can get 100% of their userbase buying iPhones each year again, rather than just limiting it to the 50% who weren't turned off by their most useful features being missing. (so makes sense from a business point of view too). Best of both worlds, no?
    Last edited by Greek Geek; 09-07-2017 at 06:03 AM.
    TripleOne likes this.
    09-07-2017 05:52 AM
    It had better be. Seeing how temperamental Face Recognition is on other devices (is terrible on my windows laptop for example), So I really don't want it if it's a full replacement for TouchID. TouchID on the iPhone just works flawlessly, and I'd really miss it if it was gone! (that being said, Apple's version of fingerprint sensors were way superior to many of the other device's fingerprint sensors, so hopefully Apple do a good job of FaceID, and have made a flawless one if they do).

If there are no issues with it, I may change my mind, but at this point, I am on the fence. (and personally I'd prefer it to have still kept TouchID, as I strongly prefer doing it that way compared to Face recognition anyway, even if there was a version that did work).

Judging by the rumors though, TouchID is already gone (unless it's embedded under the screen). -Now THAT, I really COULD get behind. ....but something tells me that ain't happening either). So I may end up having to skip the iPhone again completely this year. I do have three perfectly good iPhones already, and the great thing about Apple devices is they last so brilliantly well. So unless there is a feature that makes it worth upgrading, I'll continue to stick with the models I've got.

TouchID I find so vitally useful, that even when my iPhone finally breaks one day and I have to finally replace it, I will be purposefully buying a model that has it (even if it means going for an older model just to do so). it really is one of Apple's greatest innovations in my opinion, and to get rid of it just makes zero sense to me. Never got onboard with removing the headphone jack either, so the cool thing about the older models is I get to have the best of both worlds by doing so.

Don't get me wrong, I love my iPhone, and will probably be a lifelong iPhone user, but I will only ever buy the models that have the features I find useful, and those are the big two dealbreakers for me for an iPhone not to have. So unless new models get released that have those features, I'll keep skipping them for as long as I can get away with, and just buy the older specific models I like when replacements are necessary.

Wireless charging is a feature that I'd still upgrade for though (which I would do even long before my existing iPhones have fully expired, and would probvably rush out to buy one on the first day), -It would still need some form of Touch ID though (or for me to be 100% satisfied that the Face recognition worked as well as Touch ID did).

The headphone jack is probably never going to return though, so while I do find that immensely annoying, at least I can work around that by using an adapter if an iPhone comes out with a feature I really want. But losing TouchID aswell, is getting into the realms of newer iPhones just becoming way less useful than I need them to be. (it feels like despite the prices going up, the features feel much more like downgrades than upgrades).

So while I get that not everyone will have the same opinion as me, and many people are happy to give certain things up in place of what they put in instead, this is by no means all of us, and I know I'm far from alone in thinking this.

I also get why when bringing out new features there is often a tradeoff in terms of physical space they can put that technlogy. So my hope is that in future when they release more than one iPhone model side by side, that they do it in a way that gives users the CHOICE, based on which are the features they most treasure (and in many cases, rely upon).

For example... While many people have said for years that they hate the bezels and don't care to lose TouchID in order to go bezel-less, there are just as many others like myself who LOVE TouchID and didn't actually care one way or another about whether it has bezels or not, so did not find that to be a worthy tradeoff. So one model doing it one way, while the other model doing it the other way, means they can get 100% of their userbase buying iPhones each year again, rather than just limiting it to the 50% who weren't turned off by their most useful features being missing. (so makes sense from a business point of view too). Best of both worlds, no?
    I will miss Touch ID too.. rumours around the web are saying that Apple will introduce Touch ID that is embedded onto the screen for next year.

This year’s iPhone will be quite tempting for most. If the rumours are spot on, the new iPhone is going to be packed with great features.

Which iPhone are you currently using?
    09-07-2017 06:58 AM
    Yeah, TouchID behind the screen would be awesome! (providing it's as accurate, of course) But yes, that really would impress me. At the moment I have 3 iPhones (all of which I use daily, for different things). My favorite is the 5S (i Have two of those, one for family, and another for work).
    I also have a 6S Plus (mainly for home, as the bigger screen is nicer for watching videos, plus also has more GB for storing stuff, and some websites like my nintendo account for example, only load on that device anymore. For some reason it isn't behaving well with the older models).

I used to have other iPhones before that as well, but my older ones I just normally hand down to my daughter (but they are very much still in use too). I literally used to buy a new iPhone every year (right up until the iPhone 7, which just felt too much like a downgraded model of what I already have, so decided to wait for the 10 year anniversary model this year, in the hope that it would be worth upgrading this time.

(don't really need a new iPhone, as all my others work just fine, and I know still will for many years to come). But better stuff makes it worth an upgrade. (whereas more restrictive versions make it a complete waste of time). So I really am hoping that Apple will surprise me with something worthwhile this time. But going by many of the rumors, I fear that this year may be another dud. TouchID behind the screen would be a huge relief, for sure. However, on its own, it's not really enough to warrant the upgrade either. (as it essentially it's not really giving me more more than I already have) but what I mean is, if something cool like wireless charging happens on the new model (which I've secretly wished for, for years), it would take still having a form of Touch ID on it aswell for me to buy it, as it's that one feature that I can no longer live without. TouchID behind the screen would fulfill that need (FaceID instead of TouchID however, I'm not so sure)
    09-08-2017 06:26 AM
    I will miss Touch ID too.. rumours around the web are saying that Apple will introduce Touch ID that is embedded onto the screen for next year.

This year’s iPhone will be quite tempting for most. If the rumours are spot on, the new iPhone is going to be packed with great features.

Which iPhone are you currently using?
    Yeah, TouchID behind the screen would be awesome! (providing it's as accurate, of course) But yes, that really would impress me. At the moment I have 3 iPhones (all of which I use daily, for different things). My favorite is the 5S (i Have two of those, one for family, and another for work).
    I also have a 6S Plus (mainly for home, as the bigger screen is nicer for watching videos, plus also has more GB for storing stuff, and some websites like my nintendo account for example, only load on that device anymore. For some reason it isn't behaving well with the older models).

I used to have other iPhones before that as well, but my older ones I just normally hand down to my daughter (but they are very much still in use too). I literally used to buy a new iPhone every year (right up until the iPhone 7, which just felt too much like a downgraded model of what I already have, so decided to wait for the 10 year anniversary model this year, in the hope that it would be worth upgrading this time.

(don't really need a new iPhone, as all my others work just fine, and I know still will for many years to come). But better stuff makes it worth an upgrade. (whereas more restrictive versions make it a complete waste of time). So I really am hoping that Apple will surprise me with something worthwhile this time. But going by many of the rumors, I fear that this year may be another dud. TouchID behind the screen would be a huge relief, for sure. However, on its own, it's not really enough to warrant the "upgrade" either. (as it essentially would not really be giving me more more than I already have) but what I mean is, if something cool like wireless charging happens on the new model (which I've secretly wished for, for years), it would take still having a form of Touch ID on it aswell for me to buy it, as it's that one feature that I can no longer live without. TouchID behind the screen would fulfill that need (FaceID instead of TouchID however, I'm not so sure...)
    TripleOne likes this.
    09-08-2017 06:26 AM
29 12