Emergency services organizations call for Apple to implement life-saving location feature

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
You mean the cops who risk their lives to keep us safe? I think they earn their pay every day.

Maybe in your jurisdiction but in mine they’re dirty. That’s why I utilize my Second Amendment rights and leave my house strapped.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I still can’t grasp the “It’s not my problem; let the cops deal with it” mentality. Whatever happened to social responsibility? Or just being a good person?

You have trayvon martin to thank for that. Since I always leave my house strapped I’m not putting myself in a situation that I must utilize said firearm to defend myself and end up like George Zimmerman.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
You have trayvon martin to thank for that. Since I always leave my house strapped I’m not putting myself in a situation that I must utilize said firearm to defend myself and end up like George Zimmerman.

I understand and respect that, but I don’t think anyone is expecting you to put yourself in that situation. All anybody is asking (not telling) you to do is call the police if you see anything or anyone matching the description in the Amber alert.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I understand and respect that, but I don’t think anyone is expecting you to put yourself in that situation. All anybody is asking (not telling) you to do is call the police if you see anything or anyone matching the description in the Amber alert.

Thanks for understanding and respecting that! I guess I misunderstood what you were saying. I took what you said to mean intervene.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for understanding and respecting that! I guess I misunderstood what you were saying. I took what you said to mean intervene.

Oh god no. I would never expect anyone to put them-self in harm’s way. By “social responsibility” I meant the general responsibility to know what’s going on in one’s neighborhood and report things that could pose a threat to them or the people around them.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Oh god no. I would never expect anyone to put them-self in harm’s way. By “social responsibility” I meant the general responsibility to know what’s going on in one’s neighborhood and report things that could pose a threat to them or the people around them.

My apologies for the misunderstanding! If it was family then I’d for sure intervene but anything else I’d get as much detail as possible and call the law. I thought you meant to personally interfere in what was going on that’s why I said what I did.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
My apologies for the misunderstanding! If it was family then I’d for sure intervene but anything else I’d get as much detail as possible and call the law. I thought you meant to personally interfere in what was going on that’s why I said what I did.

Glad we are on the same page now.
Anybody who tries to harm my family will be met with fire and fury the likes of which this world has never seen. Anybody else...I’m calling the cops.

Jul 7, 2017
Visit site
I am neutral about this. I feel like law enforcement can and will abuse this but at the same time that it'll help track people who actually need help in emergencies

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I still wouldn't snitch to the cops whether I'm involved or not. I prefer social justice due to the justice system in this country being a joke.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I still wouldn't snitch to the cops whether I'm involved or not. I prefer social justice due to the justice system in this country being a joke.

I agree with you that the Justice system is flawed in how and when they convict someone. I also agree to your implied underlying tone.

But when people are to play judge, jury and executioner, society would fall apart in mere seconds.

Just leave it to the justice system.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I agree with you that the Justice system is flawed in how and when they convict someone. I also agree to your implied underlying tone.

But when people are to play judge, jury and executioner, society would fall apart in mere seconds.

Just leave it to the justice system.

If some guy grabs some goods out of a retail store and runs out, I'd prefer he get caught by a citizen or even a cop and let him get roughed up a little bit (if it can be gotten away with) for being stupid instead of a cop taking down a report for something to eventually never happen to said thief. Social justice. It's the little things.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
If some guy grabs some goods out of a retail store and runs out, I'd prefer he get caught by a citizen or even a cop and let him get roughed up a little bit (if it can be gotten away with) for being stupid instead of a cop taking down a report for something to eventually never happen to said thief. Social justice. It's the little things.

I wholeheartedly disagree with you.

The Emergency feature is a welcome addition to human evolution and I will not disable it.

Last edited by a moderator: