There's been quite a bit of speculation and news going around about glittery iPhone cases (the ones filled with colorful liquid and bits of shimmery goodness) causing some pretty nasty-looking chemical burns on people...

- Liquid-filled iPhone cases recalled after reports of chemical burns (CNN)

-Glitter iPhone cases recalled over chemical burn risk (USA Today)

- Glitter iPhone Case Recalled After Causing Burns and Permanent Scarring (Fortune)

Are you someone who's been hurt by these cases? Maybe you know someone who's been burned by their iPhone case? What do you think of having cases with extra add-ons/glitter/accessories/etc?
    08-07-2017 03:37 PM
    What exactly is this liquid they're using to suspend the glitter in? Does anyone know?
    08-07-2017 06:03 PM
    What exactly is this liquid they're using to suspend the glitter in? Does anyone know?
    Apparently, they're not saying yet. Not that I see on the 10 sites I read about it.
    08-07-2017 06:39 PM
    There's been quite a bit of speculation and news going around about glittery iPhone cases (the ones filled with colorful liquid and bits of shimmery goodness) causing some pretty nasty-looking chemical burns on people...

- Liquid-filled iPhone cases recalled after reports of chemical burns (CNN)

-Glitter iPhone cases recalled over chemical burn risk (USA Today)

- Glitter iPhone Case Recalled After Causing Burns and Permanent Scarring (Fortune)

Are you someone who's been hurt by these cases? Maybe you know someone who's been burned by their iPhone case? What do you think of having cases with extra add-ons/glitter/accessories/etc?
    I’m assuming that these cases are made by 3rd-party vendors not associated with Apple.
    08-07-2017 09:06 PM
    I’m assuming that these cases are made by 3rd-party vendors not associated with Apple.
    Yes, but sold by big names like Victoria's Secret, Nordstrom and Henri Bendel.
    08-07-2017 11:35 PM
    This is crazy! Reminds me of the stuff they put in ice packs. A buddy of mine had to be rushed to the hospital a few years back when he fell asleep with an ice pack and it burst open.
    Luckily my wife and I wouldn’t be caught dead using a glittery phone case.
    Tartarus likes this.
    08-08-2017 07:16 AM