Glittery iPhone cases causing burns: Have you been affected?

Cella Lao Rousseau

Staff Writer, iMore.com
Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
There's been quite a bit of speculation and news going around about glittery iPhone cases (the ones filled with colorful liquid and bits of shimmery goodness) causing some pretty nasty-looking chemical burns on people...

- Liquid-filled iPhone cases recalled after reports of chemical burns (CNN)

-Glitter iPhone cases recalled over chemical burn risk (USA Today)

- Glitter iPhone Case Recalled After Causing Burns and Permanent Scarring (Fortune)

Are you someone who's been hurt by these cases? Maybe you know someone who's been burned by their iPhone case? What do you think of having cases with extra add-ons/glitter/accessories/etc?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
There's been quite a bit of speculation and news going around about glittery iPhone cases (the ones filled with colorful liquid and bits of shimmery goodness) causing some pretty nasty-looking chemical burns on people...

- Liquid-filled iPhone cases recalled after reports of chemical burns (CNN)

-Glitter iPhone cases recalled over chemical burn risk (USA Today)

- Glitter iPhone Case Recalled After Causing Burns and Permanent Scarring (Fortune)

Are you someone who's been hurt by these cases? Maybe you know someone who's been burned by their iPhone case? What do you think of having cases with extra add-ons/glitter/accessories/etc?

I’m assuming that these cases are made by 3rd-party vendors not associated with Apple.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
This is crazy! Reminds me of the stuff they put in ice packs. A buddy of mine had to be rushed to the hospital a few years back when he fell asleep with an ice pack and it burst open.
Luckily my wife and I wouldn’t be caught dead using a glittery phone case.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro