After 10 years, I've finally made my decision.

iCeborg

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
THIS. Not to mention, the majority of my phone cases are partially or completely black. It makes sense for me to have a black phone.

BTW: To the OP.... welcome and enjoy your iPhone (when you get it)!

NEVER EVER going to use a case my this beauty. No chance. Even if I did, it will be a transparent one.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Woot! Thanks a lot everyone! @joemd60 So sorry to hear your story bro. Using phones for the last 10 years, and a number of varied OSs and devices at that, I may be able to help you. When a peculiar problem arises, the first thing you should do is: 1. Zero down on the suspect.

You say the iPhone is the issue. No problem. Get your SIM, put it another device with your exact same config. (ask a friend, or a colleague or anyone).

2. change your SIM card. Possibly another network. I am not from the US so I don't know how tied you are to a company (in terms of a contract). But this is the only way to zero down on the precise issue. Something you can also claim in your replacement with Apple.

All the best and let me know if you need any help. More than glad to do that. :)

Thanks, I have done everything. Verizon will not give me another replacement. And truthfully, as wrapped up in the OS as I am.
I honestly do not want to chance another 7Plus, this will be the second replacement, not including the original upgrade, Android is not a viable option considering the music and movies I have collected with IOS
I shut off 4G completely, so now I know it's not the network. Even though they claim it is, it's everywhere with this phone, not just my house.
On 3G I am holding 4 bars of signal strength inside my house, yet the call quality with 2 cups and a string is better than this phone.
So I am at a loss as to what to do next, maybe buy a 5S off eBay.
Verizon did say I could jump ship to another carrier, which was nice of them to do, as long as I return the phone.
So again, I have options, even though they are not the best ones.
Thanks again for your offer of help, I appreciate the kind words.

iCeborg

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I have done everything. Verizon will not give me another replacement. And truthfully, as wrapped up in the OS as I am.
I honestly do not want to chance another 7Plus, this will be the second replacement, not including the original upgrade, Android is not a viable option considering the music and movies I have collected with IOS
I shut off 4G completely, so now I know it's not the network. Even though they claim it is, it's everywhere with this phone, not just my house.
On 3G I am holding 4 bars of signal strength inside my house, yet the call quality with 2 cups and a string is better than this phone.
So I am at a loss as to what to do next, maybe buy a 5S off eBay.
Verizon did say I could jump ship to another carrier, which was nice of them to do, as long as I return the phone.
So again, I have options, even though they are not the best ones.
Thanks again for your offer of help, I appreciate the kind words.

Oh man. I feel bad. I am so sorry. May be get a cheaper one off some site like Ebay? Also, of the reception is equally bad everywhere, then it is a problem with the device. Just one area gives you bad connectivity, is technically the network provider's goof up. Good luck and again, if there is anything you need, you can always PM me.

Cheers and have a good day.

iCeborg

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Alright, a question - Is 32gigs enough? Alternatively, can we transfer all the pictures outside iCloud to another online vault, Mega etc seamlessly? I can also store it on my Air, but just wanted to know if it is possible to just connect the device to it and transfer?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Just make sure you have a tempered glass on

Any good brand that you would suggest? I am I Dubai.

I will recommend one of my favorite brands. Rhinoshield. They make a full front covering edge-to-edge screen protector. But if you want the best defense, you want their plastic Impact Protection screen protector. It's my favorite screen protector. It's so strong that you can literally hit it with a hammer and not break your screen or phone. Both screen protectors are also cheaper than other brands like Zagg. Rhinoshield's glass screen protector is also quite thick so it definitely needs to be put on just right.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Oh man. I feel bad. I am so sorry. May be get a cheaper one off some site like Ebay? Also, of the reception is equally bad everywhere, then it is a problem with the device. Just one area gives you bad connectivity, is technically the network provider's goof up. Good luck and again, if there is anything you need, you can always PM me.

Cheers and have a good day.

Today I called Verizon one last time. It's not the network, I have solid signal strength on 3G. If it were the network, I would be dropping calls, which I am not.
With that said, the woman I was speaking with said the call sounded l fine, but would issue me a warranty ticket.
When they transferred me over to the warranty dept.
The phone started acting up again, so the technician got to experience what I said was happening all along.
In the end, he is sending me out a new phone, and SIM card.
I don't feel to confident about the replacement being any better, but I will remain positive.

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Alright, a question - Is 32gigs enough? Alternatively, can we transfer all the pictures outside iCloud to another online vault, Mega etc seamlessly? I can also store it on my Air, but just wanted to know if it is possible to just connect the device to it and transfer?

If you plan on keeping a fair amount of music, or taking many pictures and videos on the phone I would recommend 128GB. My backup phone is a 32GB iPhone 7 and I don’t keep much on it due to concerns about onboard storage. You can always transfer files to cloud storage or your Air, if that’s your preference.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
If you plan on keeping a fair amount of music, or taking many pictures and videos on the phone I would recommend 128GB. My backup phone is a 32GB iPhone 7 and I don’t keep much on it due to concerns about onboard storage. You can always transfer files to cloud storage or your Air, if that’s your preference.

I'd recommend 128GB as well, it hits the spot.

iCeborg

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
128gigs..that would be difficult to get honestly. It's tad bit expensive. I am fine even with a 64. I don't listen to a lot of music. My worry was photos. I don't know how much would one i7+ image be in terms of size. 1MB-3MB? More? Yes, I can always transfer it to my Air for sure.

iCeborg

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Today I called Verizon one last time. It's not the network, I have solid signal strength on 3G. If it were the network, I would be dropping calls, which I am not.
With that said, the woman I was speaking with said the call sounded l fine, but would issue me a warranty ticket.
The phone started acting up again, so the technician got to experience what I said was happening all along.
I don't feel to confident about the replacement being any better, but I will remain positive.

I am happy there is at least some closure for you brother. Hope things turn out to be better. Cheers.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
128gigs..that would be difficult to get honestly. It's tad bit expensive. I am fine even with a 64. I don't listen to a lot of music. My worry was photos. I don't know how much would one i7+ image be in terms of size. 1MB-3MB? More? Yes, I can always transfer it to my Air for sure.

Do you mean the 32GB?

You can always use iCloud :)

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Is there no 64gb? I checked the price, 128 is waaayyyyy out of my budget. LOL.

Sorry, Apple does not offer the 64GB for the iPhone 7/7 Plus/
It's either 32GB v 128GB v 256GB. If you are going to use iCloud storage, you can get the 32GB without having any worries in the long run. To be safe, 128GB is more than enough for most of us :)

iCeborg

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, Apple does not offer the 64GB for the iPhone 7/7 Plus/
It's either 32GB v 128GB v 256GB. If you are going to use iCloud storage, you can get the 32GB without having any worries in the long run. To be safe, 128GB is more than enough for most of us :)

Oops. Then it is 32 for me. Honestly, I am only worried about photos. Never watched movies on my phone so that's out of the question. Music, yes I do have a bit of my collection I would want/like on my iPhone. So let's see. I have a 16gig iPad and iCloud has been good so far.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Oops. Then it is 32 for me. Honestly, I am only worried about photos. Never watched movies on my phone so that's out of the question. Music, yes I do have a bit of my collection I would want/like on my iPhone. So let's see. I have a 16gig iPad and iCloud has been good so far.

I use the 128GB myself but all of my photos are stored in iCloud

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

JoeMD, I've been following your comments on this issue from another thread as well. Would you mind giving us an update on your new device once you receive it? I'm very curious about the outcome. Thanks.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I decided to go with the 256gb, but I really could have went with the 128gb and micro managed the space, however with the 256gb I don't have a worry in the world...I get to deleting when I get to it...LOL

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR