After 10 years, I've finally made my decision.

iCeborg

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
10 years too late or early, I have finally decided to get myself an iPhone 7 Plus. I am an ex-Windows Phone fan. However, I have a 7 year old iPad Mini, a 3 year old MacBook Air 13" and all I can say is, I am now ready to get an iPhone.

Enough of MS doing BETA testing on its users. Enough.

I would much rather join a brand that cares for its customers rather than someone who has commitment issues.

So, welcome me guys!

WOOT!

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Having an iPad will make the transition to iPhone much easier. Then iOS 11 is going to change things up between iPad and iPhone so you’re just in time for that. We’re always happy to help out if you have any questions.

iCeborg

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Having an iPad will make the transition to iPhone much easier. Then iOS 11 is going to change things up between iPad and iPhone so you’re just in time for that. We’re always happy to help out if you have any questions.

Thanks a ton MetallicaMilitia. I am glad to join the Apple fan base. Now that I have grown seeing so much struggle and hatred (in the Windows community over the years). I in fact plan to get a new iPad Mini too as my first gen Mini is sooooo sloowww. But nonetheless, love it. And my Air is a million times better than my software-wonky, bug-riddled, BETA testing OS Surface Pro 4.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
It's great to come to a drama free phone OS. iOS is my favorite platform. I don't want to be without it.
Enjoy your iPhone. The 7 Plus is a fantastic device.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Congrats! iOS is a phenomenal OS and getting an iPhone will be so convenient since you already own an iPad and a Mac. Enjoy!

iCeborg

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
You guys have no idea...I am SUPER excited! I was very young and was on my first job when Steve announced the very first iPhone. Over time, I was misguided by a few companies into believing it wasn't anything great. But after 10 years, I have realized. If you want something to "just work" and something that has brilliant hardware, Apple is the answer. My MacBook is a standing testimony to that. Built like a machine. Works like water. Enough said.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore and ConGrats on your new iPhone. I'm sure you will enjoy it as with your other Apple () products. ENJOY.

iCeborg

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore and ConGrats on your new iPhone. I'm sure you will enjoy it as with your other Apple () products. ENJOY.

Thank you mate. Just one small thing, I am yet to buy it. I don't know which one to get - White or Black?
I am personally more inclined towards white/silver.

Any suggestions?

My Basic Demographic:

32 YO
Male
Indian
5.11"
Fair (as per Indian standards :p)

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Thank you mate. Just one small thing, I am yet to buy it. I don't know which one to get - White or Black?

Any suggestions?

My Basic Demographic:

32 YO
Male
Indian
5.11"

Everybody's taste in color is different, but remember ....you're the one that has to see it on a daily basis. Choose the one YOU like best.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Any suggestions?

My Basic Demographic:

32 YO
Male
Indian
5.11"

Everybody's taste in color is different, but remember ....you're the one that has to see it on a daily basis. Choose the one YOU like best.

Exactly this. That’s why my options have been limited to one. I simply refuse a white front phone because it sticks out to me in a really bad way. The black front disappears and lets me enjoy my content.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I'm going to go back to using an iPhone 7 Plus next week, but I'm picking up the PRODUCT red color. I'm not a fan of the white face of the device, but I love the matte red color on the back. It's too bad the iPhone 8 won't have the red color option right out of the gate.

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
10 years too late or early, I have finally decided to get myself an iPhone 7 Plus. I am an ex-Windows Phone fan. However, I have a 7 year old iPad Mini, a 3 year old MacBook Air 13" and all I can say is, I am now ready to get an iPhone.

I would much rather join a brand that cares for its customers rather than someone who has commitment issues.

So, welcome me guys!

WOOT!

Welcome to the family!

Since you are experienced with the iPad, your transition to the 7 Plus (excellent choice by the way!) will be easy!

Just ask if you have any questions...all the members here are friendly and willing to help out!

Once again...welcome to the family!!!

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the iPhone family.

You'll love the 7 Plus. Fantastic phone that will work great with your other Apple devices.

I wish mine was fantastic, the call quality and reception on mine is dismal.
Even on WIFI calling everyone complains how I sound on their end.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I wish mine was fantastic, the call quality and reception on mine is dismal.
Even on WIFI calling everyone complains how I sound on their end.

Sorry to hear you're having issues with yours. My 7 Plus is one of the best phones I ever owned. I've thoroughly enjoyed it since getting it upon it's release. Have you considered taking it to an Apple store to have it looked at or talked to your cellular provider about the issue. It's under warranty so it won't cost you to have it looked at.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to hear you're having issues with yours. My 7 Plus is one of the best phones I ever owned. I've thoroughly enjoyed it since getting it upon it's release. Have you considered taking it to an Apple store to have it looked at or talked to your cellular provider about the issue. It's under warranty so it won't cost you to have it looked at.

Thanks, I have had this phone since April. Verizon gave me a new sim than a replacement. Still with the same issues.
I went to Apple and had a diagnostic test done on it, they found nothing.
If you Google issues with the 7Plus, you will see others with the same problem. I say it's the antenna.
Verizon tells me it's the network where I am, and not the phone.
I asked what changed in the last 7 years? I have not had an issue with call quality around here up until I got this phone.
And I explained it's not just here, the call quality issues are in other areas.
I don't want another 7Plus, and I don't want to go back to Android.
So I guess I have to figure out if changing carriers by going back to AT&T would be my solution.

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

So, welcome me guys!

WOOT!

Welcome. I have a MacBook Pro. iPad Air 2 and an iPhone 7plus. You will find the way they interact with each other to be seamless. Enjoy.

iCeborg

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Woot! Thanks a lot everyone! @joemd60 So sorry to hear your story bro. Using phones for the last 10 years, and a number of varied OSs and devices at that, I may be able to help you. When a peculiar problem arises, the first thing you should do is: 1. Zero down on the suspect.

You say the iPhone is the issue. No problem. Get your SIM, put it another device with your exact same config. (ask a friend, or a colleague or anyone).

2. change your SIM card. Possibly another network. I am not from the US so I don't know how tied you are to a company (in terms of a contract). But this is the only way to zero down on the precise issue. Something you can also claim in your replacement with Apple.

All the best and let me know if you need any help. More than glad to do that. :)

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Exactly this. That’s why my options have been limited to one. I simply refuse a white front phone because it sticks out to me in a really bad way. The black front disappears and lets me enjoy my content.

THIS. Not to mention, the majority of my phone cases are partially or completely black. It makes sense for me to have a black phone.

BTW: To the OP.... welcome and enjoy your iPhone (when you get it)!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro