Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 11.11%
  • No

7 77.78%
  • Unsure

1 11.11%
    I just read a news article in which a company will be inserting a microchip into its employees. I’m not down with that, but I’d like to read your take on it. You can view the article via the following link.

Company to install microchips in employees
    07-24-2017 03:44 PM
    As long as the company is making the microchip optional then I see nothing wrong with it. If they were REQUIRING an implanted chip in its employees I would have a much different response.

Would I do it? Heckkkkkkk noooooooo!
    Just_Me_D and mumfoau like this.
    07-24-2017 03:47 PM
    I just read a news article in which a company will be inserting a microchip into its employees. I’m not down with that, but I’d like to read your take on it. You can view the article via the following link.

Company to install microchips in employees
    So what happens when you leave, or get fired? Do they just wipe the chip or does it get removed? What if you get an infection? They're not forcing employees to do it, so that's good, but I wouldn't do it personally.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-24-2017 03:48 PM
    So what happens when you leave, or get fired? Do they just wipe the chip or does it get removed? What if you get an infection? They're not forcing employees to do it, so that's good, but I wouldn't do it personally.
    Excellent questions.......and you’re right. It is good that the procedure isn’t mandatory, but how long will that last before it becomes mandatory? Oh, and don’t forget to vote in the thread’s poll, please...
    07-24-2017 03:50 PM
    Finally, it’s happening.
    I wouldn’t want a chip that only works at one place, but if Apple Pay were to work with a similar implant, I’d do it without consideration.

I’m down to these kind of stuff and can’t wait when it becomes mainstream and multipurpose.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-24-2017 03:51 PM
    Excellent questions.......and you’re right. It is good that the procedure isn’t mandatory, but how long will that last before it becomes mandatory? Oh, and don’t forget to vote in the thread’s poll, please...
    Exactly. I'm sure it will be standard technology some day. Won't even have to carry a bank card or medical ID. Hopefully that's well after I've moved onto greener pastures.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-24-2017 03:52 PM
    Exactly. I'm sure it will be standard technology some day. Won't even have to carry a bank card or medical ID. Hopefully that's well after I've moved onto greener pastures.
    AMEN to that...
    SABRIAN70 likes this.
    07-24-2017 03:54 PM
    No matter how well intentioned things like this are, there are bound to be unforeseen repercussions. The news story states that the microchip doesn’t have GPS tracking. Yet, who’s to say that technology placed throughout the city can’t be used to detect the microchip either now or in the near future?
    Sherry_B and metalchick719 like this.
    07-24-2017 04:05 PM
    No matter how well intentioned things like this are, there are bound to be unforeseen repercussions. The news story states that the microchip doesn’t have GPS tracking. Yet, who’s to say that technology placed throughout the city cant be used to detect the microchip either now or in the near future?
    Or it could be dormant until activated like they do with tracking chips on shows like 24 and Alias.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-24-2017 04:07 PM
    Or it could be dormant until activated like they do with tracking chips on shows like 24 and Alias.
    Well stated, sir...
    swarlos likes this.
    07-24-2017 04:10 PM
    I wouldn’t do it at all and if required I would be seeking other employment.

It’s stuff like this that is ushering in the end. Technology is great but it’s also got a lot of negatives associated with it.
    Just_Me_D and metalchick719 like this.
    07-24-2017 04:12 PM
    Since it's not mandatory, I don't have an issue with it. I honestly don't foresee us ever reaching a point where something like this is required, but I guess you never know. If I had the option, I wouldn't do it. I don't see the advantage here. The only thing this solves is the employee who sometimes forgets his/her name badge at home. Aside from that, what's this aiming to solve?

I'll pass personally, but I don't have an issue with the practice. So long as it remains optional.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-24-2017 04:23 PM
    Since it's not mandatory, I don't have an issue with it. I honestly don't foresee us ever reaching a point where something like this is required, but I guess you never know. If I had the option, I wouldn't do it. I don't see the advantage here. The only thing this solves is the employee who sometimes forgets his/her name badge at home. Aside from that, what's this aiming to solve?

I'll pass personally, but I don't have an issue with the practice. So long as it remains optional.
    Exactly! Why do I need to have a chip installed in my body when I could simply use a key card? Worrying about stolen key cards is not an excuse when someone can chop off my hand or force me to cooperate.....
    Quis89, Tartarus and metalchick719 like this.
    07-24-2017 04:27 PM
    Exactly! Why do I need to have a chip installed in my body when I could simply use a key card? Worrying about stolen key cards is not an excuse when someone can chop off my hand or force me to cooperate.....
    Whoa lol.
    Tartarus and Just_Me_D like this.
    07-24-2017 04:29 PM
    Not at all, but I've been there before in the form of a "company Blackberry".....LOL
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-25-2017 09:58 AM
    I think this is a horrible idea,unless it is only temporary and PAID FOR, and never mandatory.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-25-2017 10:59 AM
    Absolutely NOT! Two words immediately came to my mind when I read about this earlier: Big Brother!
    Just_Me_D and ksassy like this.
    07-25-2017 06:39 PM
    not in a million years
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-25-2017 06:53 PM
    Not fond of the idea nor would I participate. Technology has advanced our society but in the wrong hands can be dangerous.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-25-2017 11:04 PM
    Apple Pay were to work with a similar implant, I’d do it without consideration.
    How would touch ID work?
    07-26-2017 02:46 AM
    not in a million years
    What about now?
    07-26-2017 02:47 AM
    How would touch ID work?
    When the chip is implanted, you get to identify and authenticate yourself.
    Whenever the chip gets detached from your body or thinks it’s detached, you have to reauthorize it.
    Much like the current way TouchID works.
    There is no additional need to identify through TouchID.
    07-26-2017 03:38 AM
    When the chip is implanted, you get to identify and authenticate yourself.
    Whenever the chip gets detached from your body or thinks it’s detached, you have to reauthorize it.
    Much like the current way TouchID works.
    There is no additional need to identify through TouchID.
    That's a pity.
    07-26-2017 03:41 AM
    That's a pity.
    This is all hypothetical.

How would you like it?
    07-26-2017 03:41 AM
    This is all hypothetical.

How would you like it?
    I would like to have my Apple chip implanted into someone else. I would then activate it using touch ID.
    07-26-2017 03:48 AM
32 12