Do you support what this company is doing?

Do you support the inserting of a microchip in employees

• Yes

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • No

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Unsure

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
How would touch ID work?

When the chip is implanted, you get to identify and authenticate yourself.
Whenever the chip gets detached from your body or thinks it’s detached, you have to reauthorize it.
Much like the current way TouchID works.
There is no additional need to identify through TouchID.

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
When the chip is implanted, you get to identify and authenticate yourself.
Whenever the chip gets detached from your body or thinks it’s detached, you have to reauthorize it.
Much like the current way TouchID works.
There is no additional need to identify through TouchID.

That's a pity.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm not quite sure how I feel about this! I BIG part of me is VERY uneasy, big brother, NSA, they are watching etc BUT the futurist in me does see the benefit to the technology. If it could be encrypted and protected properly AND if it's 100% optional, I might be ok with it. But I got to know exactly what it's doing, what data it's collecting and who gets it, etc!

roystreet

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm not quite sure how I feel about this! I BIG part of me is VERY uneasy, big brother, NSA, they are watching etc BUT the futurist in me does see the benefit to the technology. If it could be encrypted and protected properly AND if it's 100% optional, I might be ok with it. But I got to know exactly what it's doing, what data it's collecting and who gets it, etc!

You'll never know exactly what they are doing with it.
Nor will you ever know what they totally can do with this technology.

Unfortunately, but 100% predictably...Things like this will ALWAYS be abused at some point, if not immediately.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
So what happens when you leave, or get fired? Do they just wipe the chip or does it get removed? What if you get an infection? They're not forcing employees to do it, so that's good, but I wouldn't do it personally.

Apparently you can pop it right out like a splinter.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73