Do you support what this company is doing?

Do you support the inserting of a microchip in employees

• Yes

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • No

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Unsure

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
As long as the company is making the microchip optional then I see nothing wrong with it. If they were REQUIRING an implanted chip in its employees I would have a much different response.

Would I do it? Heckkkkkkk noooooooo!

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I just read a news article in which a company will be inserting a microchip into its employees. I’m not down with that, but I’d like to read your take on it. You can view the article via the following link.

Company to install microchips in employees

So what happens when you leave, or get fired? Do they just wipe the chip or does it get removed? What if you get an infection? They're not forcing employees to do it, so that's good, but I wouldn't do it personally.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So what happens when you leave, or get fired? Do they just wipe the chip or does it get removed? What if you get an infection? They're not forcing employees to do it, so that's good, but I wouldn't do it personally.

Excellent questions....:)...and you’re right. It is good that the procedure isn’t mandatory, but how long will that last before it becomes mandatory? Oh, and don’t forget to vote in the thread’s poll, please...:)

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Finally, it’s happening.
I wouldn’t want a chip that only works at one place, but if Apple Pay were to work with a similar implant, I’d do it without consideration.

I’m down to these kind of stuff and can’t wait when it becomes mainstream and multipurpose.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Excellent questions....:)...and you’re right. It is good that the procedure isn’t mandatory, but how long will that last before it becomes mandatory? Oh, and don’t forget to vote in the thread’s poll, please...:)

Exactly. I'm sure it will be standard technology some day. Won't even have to carry a bank card or medical ID. Hopefully that's well after I've moved onto greener pastures.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No matter how well intentioned things like this are, there are bound to be unforeseen repercussions. The news story states that the microchip doesn’t have GPS tracking. Yet, who’s to say that technology placed throughout the city can’t be used to detect the microchip either now or in the near future?

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
No matter how well intentioned things like this are, there are bound to be unforeseen repercussions. The news story states that the microchip doesn’t have GPS tracking. Yet, who’s to say that technology placed throughout the city cant be used to detect the microchip either now or in the near future?

Or it could be dormant until activated like they do with tracking chips on shows like 24 and Alias.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn’t do it at all and if required I would be seeking other employment.

It’s stuff like this that is ushering in the end. Technology is great but it’s also got a lot of negatives associated with it.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Since it's not mandatory, I don't have an issue with it. I honestly don't foresee us ever reaching a point where something like this is required, but I guess you never know. If I had the option, I wouldn't do it. I don't see the advantage here. The only thing this solves is the employee who sometimes forgets his/her name badge at home. Aside from that, what's this aiming to solve?

I'll pass personally, but I don't have an issue with the practice. So long as it remains optional.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Since it's not mandatory, I don't have an issue with it. I honestly don't foresee us ever reaching a point where something like this is required, but I guess you never know. If I had the option, I wouldn't do it. I don't see the advantage here. The only thing this solves is the employee who sometimes forgets his/her name badge at home. Aside from that, what's this aiming to solve?

I'll pass personally, but I don't have an issue with the practice. So long as it remains optional.

Exactly! Why do I need to have a chip installed in my body when I could simply use a key card? Worrying about stolen key cards is not an excuse when someone can chop off my hand or force me to cooperate.....:)

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Not fond of the idea nor would I participate. Technology has advanced our society but in the wrong hands can be dangerous.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods