How many would buy a "Siri home?"

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
So with the Google home, and Amazon Echo/Alexa, how many would buy an apple/siri capable type item? I know the homepod is close, but not quite full fledged like the echo/google home are.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

There is nothing hypothetical about the HomePod. It is the Siri Home as you refer to it.
It’s not even out yet, but you already decided it’s not full fledged?
Give it some time. The more people use their HomePod, the better it will perform, this the higher the chance will be that it’s considered a direct rival to Google Home and Amazon Echo.

Last edited:

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

I was wondering the same thing as @Tartarus. How do you know exactly what HomePod does or doesn't do? What do you think Echo and Google Home do that HomePod won't? It's not even out yet so I feel that your assessment is a bit premature. All we know is what was said during the few minutes it was mentioned in the WWDC keynote.

bones467

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Overall I'm not a fan of having a listening device in my house all the time, however with all the new home kit coming out it would be kind of tempting! Ill have to wait and look closely into it once it's released.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Overall I'm not a fan of having a listening device in my house all the time, however with all the new home kit coming out it would be kind of tempting! Ill have to wait and look closely into it once it's released.

Do you have ‘hey Siri’ enabled on your iPhone?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
No I turned that off.... I did try it for abit but then I got a watch so ...

Then it’s understandable that you wouldn’t want a HomePod listening 24/7.
However, if you hadn’t turn off ‘Hey, Siri’ then your argument would have been null and void.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I don't have a use for it personally. I also don't like the fact it's always on. I don't have "hey, Siri" unable do either. I think it would probably sell well though.

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
One thing the HomePod does that Amazon and Google doesn’t do it make me poor.
If I was more musically inclined and therefore cared more about sound quality I’d have no problem buying one but at this moment in time I only want an assistant. Perhaps prices will change with demand but I clearly recognise Apple are big on music subscription services so maybe not

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73