Without google apps, how interested would you be in IOS?

cinnamin

Nov 16, 2017
Visit site
Having hr google apps made my transition from android a lot easier. And google apps work better on iOS that’s my opinion.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm finding that I like to keep things synced with Google more of late for remote access reasons. Say I need to get to my resume, for example, from my laptop at work. Some places don't allow you to access iCloud but not many restrict logging into your Google account.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
At the time I posted my first reply, we were still on Spectrum TV. now that we've cut the cord, we're on YouTube TV, so right now that app's kind of necessary.

However, if we were using anything else, I'd still be ion iOS even without any Google apps/services/etc.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Google apps are nice, but they aren't necessary. I do prefer a number of Google apps, and third party apps in general, to Apple's first party ones. I could use them, but if I have the choice, I don't.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
While I use two of Google’s apps—YouTube and Google Maps (for offline maps if needed)—I could easily make it without them and still be fine. No big deal.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Youtube and Google for Safari for me, I have Google earth but almost never use it and I’m thinking of deleting Google maps now there’s so much gratuitous shopping and eating crap on there.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
While they have some nice apps, no doubt, I try to avoid them because of privacy reasons.

I’ve been increasingly getting rid of google services where I can. I have to use them for work but only use drive and YouTube for personal use now. And drive is rarely used for personal as I’ve moved most stuff over to iCloud.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
As long as I could use google search I would be ok.
Oh I do use Google Chrome that would be a tough one to give up. I would use Safari but I need something cross platform maybe Microsoft Edge when it's chromium based will see. Would be nice if Apple support windows with Safari again.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
At different levels. Google was built for it.

Google was one of the first, if not the first. It's hard to escape these days, regardless of who does it. I went through a phase a couple years ago, trying to avoid Google. I just don't worry about it anymore, and try to enjoy everything. Even Google stuff. Life is short. LOL

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Google was one of the first, if not the first. It's hard to escape these days, regardless of who does it. I went through a phase a couple years ago, trying to avoid Google. I just don't worry about it anymore, and try to enjoy everything. Even Google stuff. Life is short. LOL

I agree. If you’re going to be connected, you’re going to be tracked to some degree.
Google isn’t evil. Heck, they’re transparent about what they do. I just try to eliminate it as much as possible but I sure don’t let it get to me. As you said, life is too short.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
While I use two of Google’s apps—YouTube and Google Maps (for offline maps if needed)—I could easily make it without them and still be fine. No big deal.

Pretty much same here. I'm sure people will produce and find video content no matter what. The barriers to entry are so high that without Google Maps we'd probably have other better competitors.

Google's strengths and weaknesses show where many are probably not looking or thinking. I administer G Suite and Microsoft's 365/Azure as well as use some AWS. Google's not in the same league if you really see and know what Amazon and Microsoft offer. Even if you're an end user anyone who's got G Suite and Office 365 will see the shortage of capabilities and features.

Amazon and Microsoft so much strength and such a high feature set on server or cloud side that we are probably where many innovators might only make it if one of them buys their company.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR