Deregistering imessage

daveydog

Jul 14, 2017
Visit site
Hi there! I like to go back and forth between iOS and android and I've tried various workarounds but none are great... simplest is just swapping sim, but that leaves you with the imessage purgatory issue.... do you know of any better ways to do this or know how well deregistering imessage is working these days? I know Apple made a website tool for doing it, but for the life of me I can't find any info on how well it is working for people... I'm starting to guess that no one is having problems with it or else I'd see lots of complaints ... or maybe I'm the only one still going back and forth! Thanks for the forum!

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi there! I like to go back and forth between iOS and android and I've tried various workarounds but none are great... simplest is just swapping sim, but that leaves you with the imessage purgatory issue.... do you know of any better ways to do this or know how well deregistering imessage is working these days? I know Apple made a website tool for doing it, but for the life of me I can't find any info on how well it is working for people... I'm starting to guess that no one is having problems with it or else I'd see lots of complaints ... or maybe I'm the only one still going back and forth! Thanks for the forum!

Seems to be working well for most people. Still have some of the purgatory issues for some so isn't 100%, but better than nothing.

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site

I deregistered iMessage and it worked fine. I didn't miss a message.

I have a co-worker who also likes to switch back and forth between iOS and Android devices. And who found the constant deregistering a pain. So, before putting the sim back in the iPhone 7, I suggested he turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages > iMessage - toggle off) and Facetime. Now, when he switches back to the iPhone, iMessage just functions as SMS and he uses Skype for the occasional video call. iMessage apps do not funcion, either. But when he switches back to Android, no deregistering is required.

Depending on your requirements, this may or may not suit you. But it is an option.

daveydog

Jul 14, 2017
Visit site
Thanks... yah that's an option (just not using iMessage at all etc..), another is porting number to google voice so your sim # doesn't matter anymore -- that worked well too but has its limitations... I think I just have a fear of commitment hahaha... but if I know that deregistering is working that makes putting sim in the iPhone with imessage less scary

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2