What do you personally call those good with technology

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Whether a digital native, tech savvy, or digitally enabled, what do people call you if you know about technology? Or what do you call yourself?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Whether a digital native, tech savvy, or digitally enabled, what do people call you if you know about technology? Or what do you call yourself?

People think it’s annoying if you show more knowledge than they have.
There are still millions of people out there that still don’t use their iPhone to its fullest extent.
Showing them stuff is not appreciated, unless they ask for it.
So no, I don’t want to be called anything.

Last edited:

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
People thinks it’s annoying if you show more knowledge than they have.
There are still millions of people out there that still don’t use their iPhone to its fullest extent.
Showing them stuff is not appreciated, unless they ask for it.
So no, I don’t want to be called anything.

No, I meant what word or phrase do you use to differentiate those who are familiar with technology and those that are not? If you are a digital native, what does your family call you, or how do they tell others that you are tech savvy? Doesn’t matter if you actually use the phrase or want others to call you it, and it doesn’t matter if you show them things or not with their own technology, because people will call you something to differentiate you. But what do people say anyway? What do they call you? Good with computers? Tech savvy? I’m interested in what other technologists are called by their friends and family.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I don’t remember getting called anything. It’s mostly: Ask Halil, he knows a lot about computers and phones.

I hope someone else comes along with a different story

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I don't call myself anything. I have some knowledge... I've been more than happy to share... and as Tartarus mentioned, it's not always appreciated, so I've learned not to volunteer... and only help when asked.

I will confess to calling my husband (affectionately) a geek... he is a computer engineer who works in the IT arena. We joke frequently about how he geeks me out on a regular basis.

Yet he hasn't bothered to learn much about his iPhone and iPad, so he will come to me with questions from time to time.

And for things like Snapchat, which completely baffles me, I rely on my nephews, both who are millennials! They are very patient with me!

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I just call myself a techie, I have slightly higher than average general knowledge of a lot of tech. I am a tech enthusiast, and am therefore not by choice, the family mobile IT support.

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site

I take that as a complement lol

Nerds are who will fix the Wi-Fi and set up the new TV. So I’m glad to be a nerd, it just makes my family think they can come at me with absolutely ANY technology issue, from televisions to Wi-Fi to Windows security updates... I have to remind them that I specialized in mobile electronics, not printers, laptops and everything else lol

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I take that as a complement lol

Nerds are who will fix the Wi-Fi and set up the new TV. So I’m glad to be a nerd, it just makes my family think they can come at me with absolutely ANY technology issue, from televisions to Wi-Fi to Windows security updates... I have to remind them that I specialized in mobile electronics, not printers, laptops and everything else lol

You should take it as a great compliment! We all live much better lives because of nerds.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

People will say that I’m the “techie” , “the one who’s knowledgeable in regard to technology” or “the Apple guy”....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711