why switching from android to iPhone?

taiseer999

Dec 4, 2016
Visit site
IPhone devices feel more premium in your hand, ios is much smoother than Android, applications made for ios are better in terms of graphics, features, smoothness, etc.
Operating system gets more frequent updates, ios has matured and adopted more functions like widgets, control center, etc. IMessage and facetime are powerful features once user gets used to. Finally the system security, Long lasting device lifetime....etc.
Let me say that I have used all flagship devices made by Samsung and recently sold a S8 plus (too buggy compared to my 7plus) regardless of the ton load of features I gave up by abandoning the the android.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
can smb convince me?

Do you want to use an iPhone? If the answer is yes, then go and buy one. After that, take the time to learn it and hopefully, you’ll enjoy using it as much as we enjoy using ours.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
can smb convince me?

If you need somebody to convince you, I would say don't switch. Switch only if you know that you want or need to.

I switched for one major reason, and a few minor reason. One of the minor reasons was that my whole family, extended family, and almost all of my friends, use iPhones, so iMessage is much easier for all of us. The other minor reasons are that I trust Apple's security design and appreciate the updates more than Android. The major reason is that no Android phone maker supports their phones as well as Apple does. I live close to an Apple Store, and there are plenty nearby. There is no Google Store, Samsung Store, LG Store, Motorola Store, etc., anywhere near me. (Or anywhere, probably.) One of my Android phones was damaged and every replacement I received had some sort of problem, the last of which (the headphone jack didn't work) I finally decided to live with until it was time to upgrade.

However, see my first sentence...

syphix

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
1) More fluid UI. Less stutters/lag, on "weaker" processor and RAM. Leading to...
2) Better battery life in a smaller device (iPhone 7 vs Moto X 2015...I know, 750p vs 2K resolution; 4.7" vs 5.2")
3) OS updates come to ALL devices simultaneously, regardless of carrier.
4) Great camera.
5) iMessage and FaceTime to family (all but two members have iPhones)
6) As said previously, SUPPORT.

Brian Embry

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
I think that Google with the Pixel phones are striving to become like Apple. They want to be in control of all aspects of the phone experience from hardware to software. If I was building a phone I would use the iPhone as the template and strive to match the iPhone experience. More than likely I'm switching from Android to iOS. Mainly for security and productivity. I have a Nexus 6 and it is so laggy and buggy and only two years old. The hardware works but, I believe that this is a software issue. An example would be the camera. Pretty good camera module that is mated to a sad excuse for camera software. The camera now is all but unusable. I will miss the big 5.98 screen but, I will not miss the pitiful user experience.

I use a MacBook Pro and an iPad Mini which I've recently acquired. So I am somewhat familiar with the Apple ecosystem. I don't have to convince you. You need to convince yourself. Good luck in this endeavor...

Jun 19, 2017
Visit site
i would say that if you use many of the google products then maybe an android phone will be better.
if u use more of the apple products then maybe it will be better to use an Iphone

gauravnandaa

Jun 24, 2017
Visit site
Updates - Unlike Android, Apple updates usually reach your iPhone immediately as and when they come out.

Security - Security of your Android smartphone can be breached far too easily in comparison to an iPhone.

Simlicity - no doubt that Android gives us loads of customization options, but there's a saying too much of everything is not very healthy either.

No bloatware - iPhones do come with their own share of bloatware, but the undisputed king of unnecessary bloatwares is Android. Most of pre-loaded apps on android don't even use it at all in our life time.

Ads - There are lesser intrusive ads in apps on iOS as compared to those in Android platform.

Safety - You may cry out of joy all you want over the freedom you get in Android, but that freedom comes at a price. Security of your Android smartphone can be breached far too easily in comparison to an iPhone

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Only you can make the decision. It's a personal preference. I moved from Android to Apple on a personal level in January. My company has us using the ipad and am used to it so it. I was having serious issues with my Samsung and just fed up. I had been thinking about it for quite awhile actually. I just didn't jump into it. I kept playing with the 7plus when I was in a Verizon store and when my back order fell thru and was told it wouldn't be filled due to production being canceled that was just the icing on the cake so to speak. DONE. Like a bad relationship, it was time to move on. Not looking back.

badelhas

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, there are always advantages and disadvantages (especially if you are with Samsung bloatware). I did the jump some time ago and dont regret it.

Cheers

Pavel_71

Jun 9, 2017
Visit site
"Security of your Android smartphone can be breached far too easily in comparison to an iPhone."- A matter of time. The crowd of pickers is growing and the time will come.

timee80

May 30, 2015
Visit site
I switched because of the updates that even old iPhones continue to receive. On android your lucky to get one upgrade before it's obsolete. And every time an update comes it promises better battery life, and ALWAYS does the opposite

bortovic

Jun 19, 2017
Visit site
thank all you guys for the great answers. i have talked with some other people using the iPhone and i think that my next acquisition will be an iPhone. it has get better support than android and that means that the phone will be useful for many years and not like the android after one year not getting any update and be forgotten at the deepest point of the sea.

Brad Semenick

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if this thread is still active but I'll contribute. I've had so many different flagship phones between Android and apple in the past few years. I've had the Pixel since December and I've been loving it, although I'm ready again to go back to apple. I love everything Google does, and the Pixel support is unreal. I use the daydream VR headset sometimes but it's more of a gimmick.
Almost all of my friends and family use iPhones or some kind of Apple device so the ecosystem is much more inviting. iMessage is the best thing apple has ever done and it's the reason I go back to apple everytime

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
1) More fluid UI. Less stutters/lag, on "weaker" processor and RAM. Leading to...
2) Better battery life in a smaller device (iPhone 7 vs Moto X 2015...I know, 750p vs 2K resolution; 4.7" vs 5.2")
3) OS updates come to ALL devices simultaneously, regardless of carrier.
4) Great camera.
5) iMessage and FaceTime to family (all but two members have iPhones)
6) As said previously, SUPPORT.

Yes!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711