What's the oldest iOS product you still use daily?

portgordon

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Like some others, my son uses our oldest iOS device - an iPod Touch 5th Gen which unfortunately is stuck on iOS9. It struggles performance wise despite being clean installed a few times, especially on some games where they stick and jitter quite frequently or take an age to load. Such a shame as it was and still should be an excellent device. Sorely miss some iOS 10 features and functionality when I use it (not to mention som iOS11 features!). It’ll be scrapped / repurposed soon enough when the hand-me-down chain engages and he gets an iPad mini instead

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
My oldest iOS device would be my 12.9 iPad Pro. I don't really hold on to older equipment for long. My oldest Apple product that I still have is a 4th Gen iPod, though.

Frost Forged

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

Sadly, my iPhone 6S Plus is the oldest iOS item i’m using. And to be honest, I hate it. The battery is old and it has gotten so slow that i want to throw it against the wall on a daily basis. I can’t wait for this fall so i can get a new phone.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Sadly, my iPhone 6S Plus is the oldest iOS item i’m using. And to be honest, I hate it. The battery is old and it has gotten so slow that i want to throw it against the wall on a daily basis. I can’t wait for this fall so i can get a new phone.

You can go to the Apple store and get your battery replaced

My 6s Plus is still as smooth as the first time I got it.

MacsRule

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
2009 MacPro serially updated, first with a Raptor drive & about 3 years ago with a Mercury Accelsior SSD for the boot drive.
OS is Sierra, installed after the firmware was upgraded to 5,1.
It’s age is showing. Planning to buy one of the new iMacs.

astand4

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
Old Devices Used Daily

I use my very old iPhone 3G every single day. It's my alarm clock and games before sleep machine. I also have a 2008 MacBook that's my TV. I have it hooked up to ElGato's Eye-TV and I can watch TV while I work on my iMac. About once a month I have to use my '03 iMac because it still runs ClarisWorks and I haven't found any other program that makes name tags as easily!

stevedee

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
My iPod Nano 3rd gen. Still use it for music and I have some iTunes U video lectures on there. And the great Vortex game. In fact, upon getting my first iPhone (a 7+) last week, I transferred the music to it and then to my series 2 Nike+ Watch.

ibcdrew

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

iPad 3. Bought it for my wife as a graduation present back in spring 2012. Mostly use it as a Netflix/Amazon Video player now as it is so old and slow it can barely run any apps. We also have an early 2011 MacBook Pro, upgraded recently to 16GB RAM and 480GB SSD - I use this mainly for the online courses for my degree program. The plan is to upgrade to the new iPad Pro 10.5" in January and that will likely replace both older devices for the most part.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77