What's the oldest iOS product you still use daily?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My early 2009 MacBook....oh wait...you said “...use daily”....hmmm, that would be my watch or my AirPort Extreme.

Alik Malix

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
What's the oldest iOS product you still use daily?

Our one and only iPad in the household: iPad 3 (2012):

It's mostly used as temporary kids entertainment privilege device throughout the day. I play RR3 on it - because I like the weight better than iPhone - and the game runs absolutely fine on this old iPad. And I use it for invoice editing when I'm away from PC (Numbers app). The iPad has been thrown down the stairs, used as a tray to catch my daughters throw up when she got stomach flu (yeah), and as a skate by my 1.5 yr off son: we're talking screen-to-tile scuffing against the floor while his foot is on top pushing it along. This thing is a tank.

Also,
iPhone 5:

It is setup as a remote camera in house.... it is always ON, and it is accessable remotely any time, from anywhere. The screen stays dim, but also ON. This phone just keeps on ticking.

For those wondering: I'm using the "manything" app. I tried others - but this one is best quality and costs absolutely nothing to use one old phone as remote camera.

I know it's probably not what you were asking.

My old iPhone 5s:

Is still my favorite iOS device of all time. Best size, futureproof 64bit architecture, absolutely best design of all that is mobile. I'd use it everyday, but purchased iPhone 6s for Apple Pay (if only I knew about soon-to-be released iPhone SE -- I would never get anything bigger). I use it around the house sometimes instead of 6s just because I like the feel and size of it better. Everything is synced (cloned) between my 6s and 5s - so I can pick up any of the two and go on with normal activities (except for Apple Pay)

Last edited:

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
MacBook Air (mid 2012)
Still performs well.
Had a new battery installed a few months ago.
Plan to get a Pro later this year. Need more power & RAM.
Good Luck

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
My Black Stainless Steel Apple Watch (original series)....still performs great and still gets about 36 hours of battery usage.

violetjune

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I use my original iPad mini daily as I watch Netflix while I rake in the overtime after work . Still a great  product even 5 years old.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
My iPad mini 4 is the oldest “iOS” product that I use daily. My oldest  product though is my 3rd gen TV

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
The oldest iOS product I use daily would have to be my iPad Pro. If we’re talking Apple (not just iOS) it would be my late 2013 MacBook Pro. My 8 year-old uses an original iPad Mini as well.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking about my first post in this thread and I stand corrected. The oldest Apple product that I actually use on a daily basis is my Gold iPad Air 2 "charger", and it still charges my iPhone quick and fast. I've used it for my 5s, 6 Plus, 6s Plus and now my 7 Plus....WOW

jlarkins08

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Well, I only have one iOS product which is my iPad mini 4, so I guess you can say it's the oldest as well.. hail the mini's 😀 Apple just make the best tablets IMO

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR