I have ordered the 10.5 inch iPad and it should arrive Tuesday. I'm trying to figure out exactly what I need to do fast charging. When I went to the Apple store it says usb-c cord allows for fast charging for the 12 inch model.

Does anyone know if it also works with the new 10 inch model? If so what exactly do I need to buy?

Thanks in advance!
    Matty likes this.
    06-07-2017 09:18 PM
    Yes, it will work with the 10.5 inch iPad, because it has USB 3.0

To do this, you will need the Apple USB-C Power Adapter and a USB-C to lightning cable, I've attached the links below:

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/M...-power-adapter

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/M...ning-cable-1-m

This will all cost $75, and it will be more expensive if you want to buy a longer cable. But if your willing to purchase the extra hardware, it might make a difference on charging times. An article on Cnet stated that with the 12.9 inch iPad Pro, it split charging times in half which charging from 0 percent to 100 percent, from 5 hours with the standard charger to 2.5 hours with fast charging.
    06-13-2017 12:21 AM
    I have ordered the 10.5 inch iPad and it should arrive Tuesday. I'm trying to figure out exactly what I need to do fast charging. Does anyone know if it also works with the new 10 inch model? If so what exactly do I need to buy?

Thanks in advance!
    Firstly, the answer is Yes. The iPad Pro 10.5" Does support fast charging. However, It comes with a 12W adapter in the box. So if you want to take advantage of fast charging, you’ll still have to buy a 29W USB-C adapter separately. $49.

This will greatly reduce the charging time needed but is it worth it?. 😃 Hope this helps.
    06-13-2017 01:59 AM
    I have ordered the 10.5 inch iPad and it should arrive Tuesday. I'm trying to figure out exactly what I need to do fast charging. When I went to the Apple store it says usb-c cord allows for fast charging for the 12 inch model.

Does anyone know if it also works with the new 10 inch model? If so what exactly do I need to buy?

Thanks in advance!
    This thread is kinda old, but I thought I'd add a bit of information. I'm running the Amperes app on my iPad Pro 10.5 inch model. I connected the standard 12w charger using the USB-c to lightning cable that came with it. My understanding is that apple doesn't provide access to the actually charging info, so the app measures the time to charge one percentage point of battery charge and assigns a score. It assigned a score of 2536 to this confirguration saying it took 163 seconds to charge one percent of the battery. Then I changed the configuration to the new Anker 30 watt USB-C PD and used a knock Amazon cable that purports to be USB-C PD. It assigned a score of 2536 saying it took 163 seconds for a 1% charge. Then I swapped out the knock-off cable for a genuine apple USB-C to lighting cable and the score increased to 3381 saying it took 122 seconds for a 1% charge.

The take away for me is that the Anker USB-C PD charger definitely charges faster than the original 12w adapter (I wish I had the genuine 29w adapter to compare), but not as much as I would have thought. And, don't trust what any knock-off labels say, but the genuine apple USB-C to lightning cable.
    02-05-2018 02:56 PM