Official WWDC 2017 Discussion Thread

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't think the intention of iOS 11 was to entice Surface Pro users. Mainly to appease current iPad Pro users. And as an iPad Pro user...I'm happy with the direction they're heading with it. I wouldn't recommend a Surface Pro user switch, personally.

I totally agree!!! I feel the Surface Pro is for those that are looking for a laptop/tablet combo & the iPad isn't that device. It's definitely not for everyone. Apple has a specific market for iPads and they're catering to those people.

I will offer a prediction here. The messages dock (App Drawer) in iOS 11 they demoed that displays the stickers and other items, to me, is indicative of Apple utilizing the increased screen space on the upcoming iphone by removing the home button. I'm not sure why they would add something that limits the screen space unless their new devices had more space to begin with.

View attachment 118607

I took is as they're utilizing the space where predictive text would be, but I wouldn't be opposed to them removing the Home Button.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I took is as they're utilizing the space where predictive text would be, but I wouldn't be opposed to them removing the Home Button.

I could see that. I didn't realize predictive text wasn't there anymore. A few guys that I work with have put the beta on their devices. I'm not that bold yet lol. I'm wait until the public beta releases.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I could see that. I didn't realize predictive text wasn't there anymore. A few guys that I work with have put the beta on their devices. I'm not that bold yet lol. I'm wait until the public beta releases.

My device just turned back on after updating & it looks like the row of stickers/apps is for convenience when the keyboard isn't open. It's a faster way to select the stickers you want versus choosing the app icon then scrolling through all the pages.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Tartarus said:
I learned not to expect anything, but have the keynote come at me as it is.

I've always managed my expectations and having a pretty good idea of what it takes to bring a project to fruition, I've never been one to have unreasonable expectations or requests.

I don't think about it until it's here. Then I'm either excited or not, but never disappointed. So I'm looking forward to all the software updates and will be getting a HomePod. And maybe use me Echo Dot for skeet.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Oh, yeaaaahhh... I'm getting a big 10-inch iPad Pro. I'd have preferred an iPad Pro Mini, but may have to settle for the iPad 4. (Got a 2 but want a Mini with TID.)

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I was underwhelmed with iOS 11 for the iPhone. Has a couple of neat features. Much better for the iPad.
I do agree to a point, there wasn't anything that made me go 'wow' and made us so eager to get our hands on the new update. I do like the 'delete message on one device and it deletes on the others' with iMessage. That was pretty neat.

The only thing I was hoping to see was some sort of 'Dark Theme' mode. Otherwise, I was happy to just see some minor visual improvements. 😃 We don't always need new amazing features and sometime just small refinements is good enough. (Just my 2c)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2