Official WWDC 2017 Discussion Thread

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm kind of new to Apple, and first time I actually listened to/watched the WWDC presentation, but overall, seems like relatively small changes to iOS 11. Some are useful (person to person pay being probably the biggest, live photo editing is also nice), but seems more like 10.4 then a real jump to 11, unless there are lots more changes that they didn't highlight? Where is the dark theme that everyone was anticipating??

Edit: Also like the Maps improvements (though the interior maps thing was available in Windows Phone about 3 or 4 years ago).

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm kind of new to Apple, and first time I actually listened to/watched the WWDC presentation, but overall, seems like relatively small changes to iOS 11. Some are useful (person to person pay being probably the biggest, live photo editing is also nice), but seems more like 10.4 then a real jump to 11, unless there are lots more changes that they didn't highlight? Where is the dark theme that everyone was anticipating??

As an iPhone user, iOS 11 was pretty underwhelming for me. Nothing was announced that I care about. As an iPad Pro user, I'm VERY excited for iOS 11. Some welcome changes that I had been hoping for. Specifically the Files application and the task switching functionality. We are closer to a Pro product with iOS 11 on the iPad Pro. I'm also very interested in the HomePod. I've already prepped my wife for that purchase, lol

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
As an iPhone user, iOS 11 was pretty underwhelming for me. Nothing was announced that I care about. As an iPad Pro user, I'm VERY excited for iOS 11. Some welcome changes that I had been hoping for. Specifically the Files application and the task switching functionality. We are closer to a Pro product with iOS 11 on the iPad Pro. I'm also very interested in the HomePod. I've already prepped my wife for that purchase, lol

Yeah I agree. iPad Pro was nice, but not enough to entice me away from my Surface Pro...

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
iOS 11 - as long as it's fast and runs solid, I am cool with it. Would not mind a refresh of look and was hoping for black out theme......

Oh well.....

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I agree. iPad Pro was nice, but not enough to entice me away from my Surface Pro...

I don't think the intention of iOS 11 was to entice Surface Pro users. Mainly to appease current iPad Pro users. And as an iPad Pro user...I'm happy with the direction they're heading with it. I wouldn't recommend a Surface Pro user switch, personally.

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Kinda boring, especially ios11 for iphone, what exactly the major change besides some tweak on the interface of appstore and control center

Ios11 for ipad has file now, finally, hopefully not exclusively for ipad pro, my ipad air 1 and iphone 6s + need that too :)

Also for the screenshot crop and mark ... which actually not a new thing -_-

Why no one singing on the stage for this year ? :v

Anyone can tell me title of the songs when :
1. First opening ( the males singer)
2. Ipad pro demo ads
3. Homepod demo ads

Thx

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I will offer a prediction here. The messages dock (App Drawer) in iOS 11 they demoed that displays the stickers and other items, to me, is indicative of Apple utilizing the increased screen space on the upcoming iphone by removing the home button. I'm not sure why they would add something that limits the screen space unless their new devices had more space to begin with.

wwdc_2017_ios_11_10.jpg

gazoo2010

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
The exciting changes in iOS 11 seemed to be tied to hardware. We got generic updates to iOS, then specific updates for the iPad. There will probably be more specific updates to iOS 11 announced when they announce the new iPhone in the fall.

It will be curious to see what is hidden in the betas.

~S

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Kinda boring, especially ios11 for iphone, what exactly the major change besides some tweak on the interface of appstore and control center

Ios11 for ipad has file now, finally, hopefully not exclusively for ipad pro, my ipad air 1 and iphone 6s + need that too :)

Also for the screenshot crop and mark ... which actually not a new thing -_-

Why no one singing on the stage for this year ? :v

Anyone can tell me title of the songs when :
1. First opening ( the males singer)
2. Ipad pro demo ads
3. Homepod demo ads

Thx

https://itunes.apple.com/nl/album/w...ta-version-single/id1236343302?l=en&at=10l3Vy is one of them

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Up and running
b58835203d6056b7f6a102006bd6b139.png

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member