Well looks like I need a HomePod.
    06-05-2017 02:14 PM
    "spatial awareness"
    06-05-2017 02:16 PM
    I wish I didn't watch this keynote.
    I'm gonna end up with no organs at all
    John Yester likes this.
    06-05-2017 02:17 PM
    Ok my view of the speaker has changed because it's not something to compete with Bose. It's like an Echo which is cool!
    06-05-2017 02:23 PM
    Okay, $349 for an HomePod is €310, but will be marketed for no less than €429 in Europe
    06-05-2017 02:25 PM
    I'm kind of new to Apple, and first time I actually listened to/watched the WWDC presentation, but overall, seems like relatively small changes to iOS 11. Some are useful (person to person pay being probably the biggest, live photo editing is also nice), but seems more like 10.4 then a real jump to 11, unless there are lots more changes that they didn't highlight? Where is the dark theme that everyone was anticipating??

Edit: Also like the Maps improvements (though the interior maps thing was available in Windows Phone about 3 or 4 years ago).
    06-05-2017 02:26 PM
    Like the HomePod and the Former First Lady

Great Keynote
    Tartarus and ladyc0524 like this.
    06-05-2017 02:28 PM
    I'm kind of new to Apple, and first time I actually listened to/watched the WWDC presentation, but overall, seems like relatively small changes to iOS 11. Some are useful (person to person pay being probably the biggest, live photo editing is also nice), but seems more like 10.4 then a real jump to 11, unless there are lots more changes that they didn't highlight? Where is the dark theme that everyone was anticipating??
    As an iPhone user, iOS 11 was pretty underwhelming for me. Nothing was announced that I care about. As an iPad Pro user, I'm VERY excited for iOS 11. Some welcome changes that I had been hoping for. Specifically the Files application and the task switching functionality. We are closer to a Pro product with iOS 11 on the iPad Pro. I'm also very interested in the HomePod. I've already prepped my wife for that purchase, lol
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    06-05-2017 02:28 PM
    As an iPhone user, iOS 11 was pretty underwhelming for me. Nothing was announced that I care about. As an iPad Pro user, I'm VERY excited for iOS 11. Some welcome changes that I had been hoping for. Specifically the Files application and the task switching functionality. We are closer to a Pro product with iOS 11 on the iPad Pro. I'm also very interested in the HomePod. I've already prepped my wife for that purchase, lol
    Yeah I agree. iPad Pro was nice, but not enough to entice me away from my Surface Pro...
    06-05-2017 02:30 PM
    iOS 11 - as long as it's fast and runs solid, I am cool with it. Would not mind a refresh of look and was hoping for black out theme......

Oh well.....
    06-05-2017 02:30 PM
    I was underwhelmed with iOS 11 for the iPhone. Has a couple of neat features. Much better for the iPad.
    ladyc0524, wenrob and nikkisharif like this.
    06-05-2017 02:32 PM
    Yeah I agree. iPad Pro was nice, but not enough to entice me away from my Surface Pro...
    I don't think the intention of iOS 11 was to entice Surface Pro users. Mainly to appease current iPad Pro users. And as an iPad Pro user...I'm happy with the direction they're heading with it. I wouldn't recommend a Surface Pro user switch, personally.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    06-05-2017 02:33 PM
    Kinda boring, especially ios11 for iphone, what exactly the major change besides some tweak on the interface of appstore and control center

Ios11 for ipad has file now, finally, hopefully not exclusively for ipad pro, my ipad air 1 and iphone 6s + need that too

Also for the screenshot crop and mark ... which actually not a new thing -_-

Why no one singing on the stage for this year ? :v

Anyone can tell me title of the songs when :
    1. First opening ( the males singer)
    2. Ipad pro demo ads
    3. Homepod demo ads

Thx
    06-05-2017 02:35 PM
    I will offer a prediction here. The messages dock (App Drawer) in iOS 11 they demoed that displays the stickers and other items, to me, is indicative of Apple utilizing the increased screen space on the upcoming iphone by removing the home button. I'm not sure why they would add something that limits the screen space unless their new devices had more space to begin with.

Official WWDC 2017 Discussion Thread-wwdc_2017_ios_11_10.jpg
    Tartarus and cwbcpa like this.
    06-05-2017 02:58 PM
    The exciting changes in iOS 11 seemed to be tied to hardware. We got generic updates to iOS, then specific updates for the iPad. There will probably be more specific updates to iOS 11 announced when they announce the new iPhone in the fall.

It will be curious to see what is hidden in the betas.

~S
    nikkisharif likes this.
    06-05-2017 03:15 PM
    Kinda boring, especially ios11 for iphone, what exactly the major change besides some tweak on the interface of appstore and control center

Ios11 for ipad has file now, finally, hopefully not exclusively for ipad pro, my ipad air 1 and iphone 6s + need that too

Also for the screenshot crop and mark ... which actually not a new thing -_-

Why no one singing on the stage for this year ? :v

Anyone can tell me title of the songs when :
    1. First opening ( the males singer)
    2. Ipad pro demo ads
    3. Homepod demo ads

Thx
    https://itunes.apple.com/nl/album/wh...mUvbUpU2949190 is one of them
    Hendri Hendri likes this.
    06-05-2017 03:19 PM
    Up and running
    ladyc0524 and nikkisharif like this.
    06-05-2017 03:23 PM
    Thank you
    06-05-2017 03:24 PM
    I don't think the intention of iOS 11 was to entice Surface Pro users. Mainly to appease current iPad Pro users. And as an iPad Pro user...I'm happy with the direction they're heading with it. I wouldn't recommend a Surface Pro user switch, personally.
    I totally agree!!! I feel the Surface Pro is for those that are looking for a laptop/tablet combo & the iPad isn't that device. It's definitely not for everyone. Apple has a specific market for iPads and they're catering to those people.

I will offer a prediction here. The messages dock (App Drawer) in iOS 11 they demoed that displays the stickers and other items, to me, is indicative of Apple utilizing the increased screen space on the upcoming iphone by removing the home button. I'm not sure why they would add something that limits the screen space unless their new devices had more space to begin with.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wwdc_2017_ios_11_10.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	118607
    I took is as they're utilizing the space where predictive text would be, but I wouldn't be opposed to them removing the Home Button.
    06-05-2017 06:56 PM

I took is as they're utilizing the space where predictive text would be, but I wouldn't be opposed to them removing the Home Button.
    I could see that. I didn't realize predictive text wasn't there anymore. A few guys that I work with have put the beta on their devices. I'm not that bold yet lol. I'm wait until the public beta releases.
    06-05-2017 07:08 PM
    I could see that. I didn't realize predictive text wasn't there anymore. A few guys that I work with have put the beta on their devices. I'm not that bold yet lol. I'm wait until the public beta releases.
    My device just turned back on after updating & it looks like the row of stickers/apps is for convenience when the keyboard isn't open. It's a faster way to select the stickers you want versus choosing the app icon then scrolling through all the pages.
    06-05-2017 07:12 PM
    I learned not to expect anything, but have the keynote come at me as it is.
    I've always managed my expectations and having a pretty good idea of what it takes to bring a project to fruition, I've never been one to have unreasonable expectations or requests.

I don't think about it until it's here. Then I'm either excited or not, but never disappointed. So I'm looking forward to all the software updates and will be getting a HomePod. And maybe use me Echo Dot for skeet.
    06-05-2017 07:47 PM
129 ... 3456