Emails that claimed to be from Apple Store/Support

catwithgoggles

Apr 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi Rene,

This is the 2nd one of those that I've got so far (I deleted the 1st one out of annoyance). I don't think it's from Apple cuz, as a regular customer, I've never gotten any essage or emails like this from them ever. Do you know if anyone's been getting similar messages as well?
Screen Shot 2017-04-18 at 11.41.30 AM.png

Last edited:

catwithgoggles

Apr 18, 2017
Visit site
"
Dear Costumer,

Thank you for the following product.

Product item : Space Qube
Order Number : HDH6YMK37
Order Total : $34.99

If you did not authorize this purchase, Read secure message by opening the attacment (PDF).
you will be prompted to open (view) the file or save (download) it to your computer.
for best results, save the file first, then open it in a Web browser.

Apple Support
"

CyreneK

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
Yes, I got this exact one and several others indicating my account has been frozen unless I click on some PDF file to verify information . I've reported them all and changed my passwords to my apple account and to my email. Since then, one week, they stopped.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't hurt to change your passwords from time to time, doing so here won't stop these scam phishing emails. They don't hack your accounts. They simply get your email address from somewhere. I get scam emails from what appears to be from Apple from time to time. Haven't got this one though. I know real fast when it's a phishing scam. All my Apple mail goes to an email account I use for nothing but Apple. Not iCloud. The scam always goes to my main email account. The best thing to do when you receive these scams, is report it to Apple here
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204759

Then delete the email.
And don't open any links or anything.

wezra

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
There is also an Apple telephone scam going on as well. You get a phone call (we've gotten 3 so far) stating it is from Apple Support and your iCloud account has "issues" that need to be resolved immediately. They give you a number to call or you can hit one of the phone keys and go directly to whom ever is calling. This is a complete scam... Apple never calls you unless you ask them to on a support call. They just don't call you out of the blue. This is very much like the IRS phone scam where they tell you the IRS has agents headed to your house right now to arrest you if you don't pay them over the phone right now. REALLY? Well, people fall for it and pay these crooks... the Apple Support scam is very much the same.... sans the arrest part.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
When I set up my Apple account initially a year ago, I also set up an iCloud email address and had that address set up as primary for all Apple correspondence. So when I get one of those emails I know it's bogus because it was sent to my Gmail address.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
When I set up my Apple account initially a year ago, I also set up an iCloud email address and had that address set up as primary for all Apple correspondence. So when I get one of those emails I know it's bogus because it was sent to my Gmail address.

I do the same. I have one email address only for Apple biz. Anything they send me comes there.

CyreneK

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
I finally had to kick out my email address associated with that Apple account and assign another email. I started getting a scam email from Apple ID almost daily. One involved a receipt for charges to my Apple account from a REAL company located overseas. The receipt was thanking me for my 149 euro charge. This of course prompted me to make sure nothing has been charged to my credit card, and thankfully that wasn't the case. I really don't know how my email had been tagged for this.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
I got an email from Apple support about a month ago saying my card had been charged for movies I never rented and it was around 100. charge also said if you did not purchase them to click here and I clicked Delete went to my account on iTunes and No purchases had taken place, Lesson is be very Careful what you click on these days and change your passwords everybody wants Your money .

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
They could at least make the email look real. Gobbledegook@quartzcopter.com? Typical phishing email, report it and hope they dry up soon.
Phishing is unfortunately something people fall victim to everyday. Whenever I go into my local service provider, the always tell me that they will never send me a message and would only call me to tell me to check my account balance on their website.

So, as soon as you see things like 'open this to verify detailed' that should sound alarm bells 😃 As others have said, you need to change your password every now and then to ensure everything stays safe. I always just click 'bock sender' and send it to junk mail.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro