The Real Advantage of Apple

anon(10210323)

Apr 6, 2017
Visit site
People that love Android devices should love them. The phones are great and there's a lot of innovation. I can say the same about Windows 10 devices too - my PC is completely awesome running Windows 10 and smartphones I've tried seem great too. But in my mind the huge advantage Apple has over these other systems is support.

I'm a new iOS user, 3-1/2 weeks in with a new iPhone SE. The phone itself is, of course, very well made both from a software standpoint and its physical construction. However the huge advantage Apple has over its competitors is the support and ecosystem behind the devices. I'm lucky enough to live walking distance from an Apple Store and I know that I am minutes away from a true Apple expert if needed. This alone sets Apple ahead of the competition in my view as a newb. :yes:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I agree that Apple's customer support is second to none, but the quality of their products, overall product support, in addition to its outstanding customer support, give Apple the advantage over its competitors, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Definitely agree with the support aspect. Apple's level of support really is second to none. And they seem committed to have a strong retail presences in larger markets. That also helps tremendously.

anon(10210323)

Apr 6, 2017
Visit site
Agree that Apple's customer support is second to none, but the quality of their products, overall product support, in addition to its outstanding customer support, give Apple the advantage over its competitors, in my opinion.
I completely agree, however the difference between Apple and its competitors in customer service and support is wider than the difference in product quality. :)

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Agreed. There are many things I like about Android, I'm all about bells and whistles IF THEY ACTUALLY WORK, lol. But non continuity means constant syncing which is a royal PITA ands a total waste of time in my book.

If I'm on the trail, I use my iPhone for all the trail reports etc, and as soon as I'm in a wifi area everything gets synced automatically, i start something on one device, finish on the other, i love that.

The CS also rocks especially with a tech ignoramus like me.

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Every time I have had to call Apple (not too often) I am talking with someone within 2 minutes and they are extremely helpful.

I called last year when my dad's iPad Pro 12.9 inch jammed up installing pics from a restore and the girl from California with Apple was helpful. She told me they don't end the call until the customer feels the issue is resolved, and that is pretty cool comparing to other companies.

Also I am not into all the "customization" that Androids are supposedly capable of.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711