iPhone color for professionals

graham2024

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I always go with black (or space grey) when I get a new phone because I feel like it looks the most professional. Having said that, I've always wanted to go with silver, gold, and now red. Can anyone relate?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Why would any color "look the most professional" over other colors?

I kind of see where OP is coming from. I'd say black and silver are slightly more professional looking that the more playful colors (i.e. gold, rose gold, red). There's a reason men tend to wear black, blue or gray suits. That being said, I think that all of the iPhone colors are fine for professional environments.

alc1575

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
A black case would look good on all of the colors....maybe a black Apple leather case or something along those lines.

anon(10210323)

Apr 6, 2017
Visit site
With the exception of the 5c, I think all iPhones look professional regardless of color. The ones that look the most pro to me are the 5s/SE 4 inchers.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Black, Dark Blue, Gray, tan and white are traditional business colors. With that in mind, I tend to favor the black (in this case, matte black) iPhone especially since I do not put a case on it. Still, the silver and the rose gold colored iPhones wouldn't be a problem in a business/professional settings/image, in my opinion.

anon(10101748)

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
A black case would look good on all of the colors....maybe a black Apple leather case or something along those lines.

Love the Black Apple Leather Case. Curious if other people notice this. I had a 6s work issued and a personal 6s. Both Space Gray. So I wouldn't mix them up I used the Black on my work phone and Marigold on my personal.

At launch I got the 7 for my personal device. I can't seem to use the Leather cases on the 7. The cases for the 7 seem super slick. Yes, there are subtle changes like buttons, etc but the case itself seems super slick. Apple did tell me it's a slightly different blend. My iPhone 6s Leather case is pretty grippy and not cause it's worn as it's always been that way. The 7 cases just remain slick. Anybody else notice this?

Tre Lawrence

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I prefer black, and then maybe silver/gunmetal myself (boring, I know), but I wouldn't consider someone with a brightly colored phone to be unprofessional.

In fact, you might want folks like that working for/with you.

anon(10101748)

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
My idea of the professional look would be Matte Black iPhone with a Apple leather case (black) .

My work issued 6s...

2bc63cac9efb1a3446192c3a4a422e53.jpg

6100c7aa9590cd70254889e38cfede5a.jpg

My personal iPhone 7 can't roll with the leather case. The leather for the 7 is so slippery! But on my work 6s is worked in and grippy.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh