People who use the default mail app, why?

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Do you ever frequent the 9900 forum at CB? If so then I must know you.

Yes I do. I lurk there everyday, although I do not post too many times any more. I accumulated much of my post when bixxxxing and mourning the arrival of BB10. I am essentially an iPhone user since its inception (Apple user for over a quarter century), but ever since I accidentally discovered 9780 on loan while my iPhone was gone, I was hooked.
Bold 9900 strictly for communication efficiency, keyboard shortcut and portability, and iPhone for everything else is ideal to me. And thank you for keeping the "other side" going :). I am enjoying it.

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I use the stock email for my regular email account because it's convenient. It's not feasible for me to use a third-party app for that email because for some reason, I get these warnings from Yahoo that a sign-in attempt was prevented (really annoying, but it seems people enjoy trying to hack into my account). For one of my work accounts, I use the Outlook Mail app, though.

Seriously though, you need to get rid of the Yahoo now. There was another 32 million hacks they just got out of yahoo and there was actually an article in Appy-Geek to help people properly delete their Yahoo mail. They had so many problems lately you're probably better off with Gmail or Hotmail.

http://www.businessinsider.com/1-bi...-delete-your-account-change-passwords-2016-12

trw1602

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
The stock apps are too limited and too slow. I get a lot of email. I like to action those emails instead of them sitting in my inbox - send to OmniFocus, save to Evernote, make a PDF, and have a custom workflow for auto response emails. You cannot do ANY of this in Apple Mail.

Mail.app is good for looking at your email not managing it. For that I use Airmail. I use Safari for searching from Spotlight but Chrome for everything else.

Depends on what you need.

trw1602

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
I use the stock email for my regular email account because it's convenient. It's not feasible for me to use a third-party app for that email because for some reason, I get these warnings from Yahoo that a sign-in attempt was prevented (really annoying, but it seems people enjoy trying to hack into my account). For one of my work accounts, I use the Outlook Mail app, though.

Second what Ralph said. Might be a pain to switch if you're doing a lot of personal communication in your Yahoo mail but honestly. It's time to get rid of it. The latest breach should scare you.

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Yes I do. I lurk there everyday, although I do not post too many times any more. I accumulated much of my post when bixxxxing and mourning the arrival of BB10. I am essentially an iPhone user since its inception (Apple user for over a quarter century), but ever since I accidentally discovered 9780 on loan while my iPhone was gone, I was hooked.
Bold 9900 strictly for communication efficiency, keyboard shortcut and portability, and iPhone for everything else is ideal to me. And thank you for keeping the "other side" going :). I am enjoying it.

Pop in and say HI sometimes, tell them I sent you haha, but yeah we would love to hear any experiences good or bad on the 99 so come on over.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Seriously though, you need to get rid of the Yahoo now. There was another 32 million hacks they just got out of yahoo and there was actually an article in Appy-Geek to help people properly delete their Yahoo mail. They had so many problems lately you're probably better off with Gmail or Hotmail.
I've considered deleting my Flickr but I've had it for so long. Then again not sure how many people have used it and I haven't updated in so long.

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I've considered deleting my Flickr but I've had it for so long. Then again not sure how many people have used it and I haven't updated in so long.

I have Flickr also, and I was somehow able to remember my username there somehow not too long ago but I cannot remember any of my login info.

I got you beat, i still have a myspace :p. I can log in but it is a completely different site now than what it looked like and all my stuff is gone for some reason

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Typically I use the default mail app because it does everything I need it to do. Right now I'm testing beta and having issues with the default app, so for right now I'm using the gMail app until it's ironed out.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Since I upgraded to the 7 Plus. The stock mail app does not work for Outlook mail. So it forces me to use 3rd party mail.
I cannot send or receive without it bouncing back to the outbox.
When I try to delete a message, it says it couldn't delete it, and it goes back to the inbox.
Gmail. which is my primary email, luckily it is fine, as well doing a test email through iCloud is also fine.
I have deleted the account several times, it does nothing.

Here is one message in outlook mail that I am getting over and over again. Even now in the 3rd party app it keeps showing up.
What does outlook want me to do with this?!?
c0a9e9400d6a0b3eebf0e54ca79a355c.png

Update: If I were to guess, somehow I have duplicate folders in Outlook, that may be causing the conflict. I don't know how that happened.

But when I try to delete the folder, it will not let me.
I have to use someone's desk top to see if I can fix this. This whole thing is a mess.

Luckily it's not my primary account. So I went back to the stock mail app, which I prefer. And I just deleted Outlook from there, and check the mobile version when I need to.
Thanks in advance for any help

Last edited:

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I use Outlook and ProtonMail. I really liked the stock iOS mail app, but when Gmail stopped playing nice with it, I had to start looking elsewhere.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I use the default Apple mail app on my Mac, iPad, and iPhone, and the Gmail app on my Pixel. They work for my purposes and seem to be best integrated with the OS, so I have no reason to use anything else.

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I'm using the stock Apple email with Hotmail/outlook and Gmail and the only issue I've ever had is sometimes after rebooting the iPhone or the iPad, the outlook Hotmail notifications turn off. So I have to go into settings and make sure to toggle them back on occasionally.

Dealz417

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
I now use the default apple mail app, I did use outlook for a while but after trying the default mail app I like it a lot more. Mostly it does what I need it to and I've had very little issue with it.

I did use Nine (9folders) when I was on Android which I felt was one of the best email apps on that platform, Just waiting for an iSO release.

Mike Majeski

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I use stock - I've tried 3rd party apps like Spark and EasilyDo, as well as Outlook and Gmail, but the stock Mail app seems to give me the least amount of headaches. It does what I need it to do and stays out of the way when I don't need it.

newsome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
One Reason Only

There's one reason, and one reason only why I don't use the stock Mail app. When I'm done reading an e-mail and press delete, I don't want to go to the next email, I want to go back to the inbox. Frustratingly, Apple does not allow this to be an option. I know I can swipe out of the message and then delete it from the inbox, but I shouldn't have to do that.

It's such a simple thing. Why, Apple... why?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods