Battery Gauge Going Crazy?

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Yeah my iPhone 6 is slightly over 2 years old now and it was doing all that stuff, battery meter going down in jumps, switching off from 20/30% charge and magically appearing to gain charge instantly when the charger was connected. I went to a local iPhone repair place (not Apple) who swapped the battery for a small charge and I swear the phone seems better than when it was brand new now. Maybe that's a false memory, maybe that's improvements to iOS but whatever it is I'll easily be able to hold out until September for the next model whereas my phone was rapidly becoming useless. Anyone else who is suffering similar issues, if you like your phone and the only issue is the battery it's well worth getting a new battery fitted even if you have pay for it yourself - much cheaper than a new phone!

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Yeah my iPhone 6 is slightly over 2 years old now and it was doing all that stuff, battery meter going down in jumps, switching off from 20/30% charge and magically appearing to gain charge instantly when the charger was connected. I went to a local iPhone repair place (not Apple) who swapped the battery for a small charge and I swear the phone seems better than when it was brand new now. Maybe that's a false memory, maybe that's improvements to iOS but whatever it is I'll easily be able to hold out until September for the next model whereas my phone was rapidly becoming useless. Anyone else who is suffering similar issues, if you like your phone and the only issue is the battery it's well worth getting a new battery fitted even if you have pay for it yourself - much cheaper than a new phone!

Yep. Actually I think you'd be able to easily go another year, whereas I am not sure if Ios11 will be made available for my 5C. But either way I'm happy to run this 5C as long as I can because it's still fast enough and it was my first iPhone. I do doubt now that Ios11 would be made available for me, come to think of it. I had a major jam on my device with iOS 10 before they smoothed out the wrinkles with 10.1. So even if iOS 11 is available for me I would wait until 11.1, I learned from experience LOL.

I read that the Iphone 6S had battery issues but the iPhone 7 doesn't have that problem. So I might just wait until this fall and then get the iPhone 7 when it's reduced, I should be able to get it for zero dollars if I signed a two year contract.

roonirohn

Feb 23, 2017
Visit site
In new Iphones, lithium batteries are used. So there is no such battery problems and battery life is increased.

Now Apple is going ti launch iphone 8 in sept. 2017.

Excited for iphone 8.

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
In new Iphones, lithium batteries are used. So there is no such battery problems and battery life is increased.

Now Apple is going ti launch iphone 8 in sept. 2017.

Excited for iphone 8.

Apple just bought an Israeli Facial recognition company and supposedly they will use this on the iPhone 8 and remove the fingerprint "button."

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Odd how everyone assumes there will be an iPhone 8 in September. Apple has not said so. Might be the 7s.

Could be BUT all the tech sites are assuming it will be called "The 8" because it is going to be a special edition 10th year anniversary device, and I believe they are assuming that "iPhone 8" is a more memorable name for the anniversary.

I also read off Appy-Geek that it will be very expensive at over $1000 but then I see many newer late model iPhones unlocked for this cash price on eBay or Amazon regardless.....

So who knows

I wouldn't be surprised if they end up calling it the "iPhone 10" just for the anniversary.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Could be BUT all the tech sites are assuming it will be called "The 8" because it is going to be a special edition 10th year anniversary device, and I believe they are assuming that "iPhone 8" is a more memorable name for the anniversary.

I also read off Appy-Geek that it will be very expensive at over $1000 but then I see many newer late model iPhones unlocked for this cash price on eBay or Amazon regardless.....

So who knows

I wouldn't be surprised if they end up calling it the "iPhone 10" just for the anniversary.

iPhone 10 makes sense. It will be the 10th. Yeah, not sure how the tech sites got that started since Apple has not said.

roonirohn

Feb 23, 2017
Visit site

So who knows

Yes apple can launch iphone 10 in its 10th anniversary.

roonirohn

Feb 23, 2017
Visit site
I just want to goo off topic, but it is related to lithium batteries only.

In year there are many cases of explosion of hoverboard amazon due to overcharging of lithium batteries.The batteries which are used in the iphone are also lithium battery. are they safe to use.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2