Anyone use Spotify Premium?

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
So I switched plans on Rogers, went to the Share Everything plan even though I am the only one on it. Same data, 5GB's but it will be $10 cheaper and now have unlimited calling Canada Wide, and also can set an alert for data useage at any amount I want, pretty cool.

Thanks Rogers....

It also looks like I am offered Spotify free for 6 months. I have been using the free version with limited skips and commercials for a year or so and I can live with it BUT I want to know what they require on the premium version. For example do they want a credit card number like Apple Music does?
Or do they want that after the 6 months?

Also once the 6 months is over I'm wondering if there are any problems people experienced trying to cancel it, or if it is difficult to eliminate??

Also would joining Premium destroy all the playlists I made?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
If they handle this similarly to how Sprint does, it is billed onto your account. No credit card information required. It's a billed charge reoccurring every month. Cancellation through Sprint wasn't too tough either.

Hopefully this helps.

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
If they handle this similarly to how Sprint does, it is billed onto your account. No credit card information required. It's a billed charge reoccurring every month. Cancellation through Sprint wasn't too tough either.

Hopefully this helps.

Just curious did you have to contact Sprint to cancel Spotify or were you able to do it like right on the Spotify app?

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
OK well I called Rogers and, Ashley from Rogers you're pretty awesome in Sudbury, anyway they set me up with six months of premium and there's no credit card numbers so I'll just get a text message saying when it ends and then it will revert back to the free version.

I also asked about the NHL game centre and I guess I get that for free also so we set that up and I had to install the NHL app and yeah pretty cool. The NHL games live are free as long as I have this plan. As you know Rogers has the rights in Canada to broadcast all the NHL games, so if the game is being held in the US there will be a blackout and I'm not able to watch it, but any Canadian games I'm good to go.

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Can someone explain how listening off-line does not use data? Does this mean in your car or while not connected to wifi???
0f270bcd5d9dba2105cd4d5a9ab7af2d.jpg

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I have the off-line button unchecked or not green, and it still plays in the car for whatever that's worth. I made sure under the cellular settings to turn off Spotify so that I know it's not using any data or anything because I only have five gigs a month.

My car is a 2005 so there was no Wi-Fi or Bluetooth or anything built into the car so I have to use this… But it does go through all the car speakers which is cool.....

de162617322e0b6b1eb1ba1bca4ab9f8.jpg

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If you have a playlist you like make them available offline so that they download. That way when you have offline mode enabled your downloaded content will play without burning through your data.

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
If you have a playlist you like make them available offline so that they download. That way when you have offline mode enabled your downloaded content will play without burning through your data.

It's so cool man. I might actually have to add the $10 a month for this on my cell plan at the end of the six month free trial. I use it with the Bluetooth speakers at home and now the car, I'm covered pretty good.

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I went to play my downloaded songs in my car today without data usage of course, and all my downloaded songs had UNdownloaded themselves :p.

Is that normal?

So I take it seven days is how long they stay downloaded and after that it just defaults off again

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I went to play my downloaded songs in my car today without data usage of course, and all my downloaded songs had UNdownloaded themselves :p.

Is that normal?

So I take it seven days is how long they stay downloaded and after that it just defaults off again

I'm guessing they might do this because of royalties? I'm not 100% sure but other services I used to use that allowed me to download streaming music only allowed me to keep it for a week. This might be normal, you could just set a reminder to redownload it in 6 days.

I use Spotify Premium but I subscribe separately via PayPal.

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I'm guessing they might do this because of royalties? I'm not 100% sure but other services I used to use that allowed me to download streaming music only allowed me to keep it for a week. This might be normal, you could just set a reminder to redownload it in 6 days.

I use Spotify Premium but I subscribe separately via PayPal.

Well I did some reading and Spotify requires us to GO ONLINE at least once every month to keep the playlists that were downloaded (from what I can tell)

I have only had Spotify Premium for 2 weeks and only the last week I started the downloading to play in the car.

So ya I will just do do it every 6 days and see what happens.

And I will see if I can play the DL songs in the car today..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox