What should Apples new product line be?

mikezmac

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
It's basic economics that you don't want to put all of your Apples into one basket. Right now Apple has one big basket called the iPhone.

In my opinion the computers have taken a backseat to the iPhone. The iPod is pretty much going to go the way of the dodo bird. Apple has officially cut off their Airport Time Capsule.
So now what's left is the Apple Watch tvOS and Apple Music. Is this enough to sustain the company? Yes they'll survive, but is it enough to stay on top?

Mobile phones and the smartphone market is pretty well saturated now. You can go OLED, more ram, more storage, other features such as retinal. But all in all it's still a saturated market with everyone's fingers in the till. I'd be very surprised if there's anything revolutionary coming out anytime soon.

Personally I think that AI will be the next big thing and that Google is on the right track. Being able to talk to the phone and get things accomplished is the next big thing. For example this entire post was written using Siri dictation. (Hence you may actually see some errors :) )

I think that Apple breaking into the 'smart home' market would be extremely advantageous for them. Right now there's a few big names in it but not everyone.

One technology out there that I think Apple would greatly benefit from taking advantage of right now is Graphene. This is a two dimensional carbon that is 1000 times more conductive than copper and is 100 times stronger than the strongest steel.
The uses for graphing are great number and increasing. Optical electronics, ultrafiltration, biological engineering, composite metals, and most importantly energy storage.
The current drawback for graphing is mass production and I think that Apple has the smarts in order to get this accomplished. Imagine a battery that could last a week or longer on one charge.

bff42a8d4b1bb605de2b92fb76fd7ecf.jpg

Last edited:

frrc21

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
I think AR will be a thing that if done correctly will give Apple a lot of success. The Google Glass was a pretty ambitious project, and it had everything to go right but when cinemas and other places started banning it because of the camera functionalities it went down hill, also it was pretty awkward to use. However I read somewhere on YouTube and I loved the idea. If Apple could make something similar and not awkward to both use and wear, like the Google Glass and used it an an "expansion" of the user interface, like a bigger screen when watching a video or "live"/holographic widgets and notifications, and maybe throw some Hololens like functionalities when you are at a place where you can use them.
I don't think Apple will quit the computer market, but I guess their main focus from now on will shift to this devices that are right on you 24/7, and as you said AI will be one of the biggest things in the future, and I think the first step will be when they release a competitor to Google Home and Amazon Echo. Siri already has a huge integration with both HomeKit and third party apps and they have Beats, so it's pretty much done, they just have to design it and start its productions the software integration is pretty munch handled.
And to be honest this is quite a small dream of mine but if Apple bought Sonos or built a product like it they would have their ecosystem pretty much complete (they could just bring back an update version of the Airports and boom).

mikezmac

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
I think AR will be a thing that if done correctly will give Apple a lot of success. The Google Glass was a pretty ambitious project, and it had everything to go right but when cinemas and other places started banning it because of the camera functionalities it went down hill, also it was pretty awkward to use. However I read somewhere on YouTube and I loved the idea. If Apple could make something similar and not awkward to both use and wear, like the Google Glass and used it an an "expansion" of the user interface, like a bigger screen when watching a video or "live"/holographic widgets and notifications, and maybe throw some Hololens like functionalities when you are at a place where you can use them.
I don't think Apple will quit the computer market, but I guess their main focus from now on will shift to this devices that are right on you 24/7, and as you said AI will be one of the biggest things in the future, and I think the first step will be when they release a competitor to Google Home and Amazon Echo. Siri already has a huge integration with both HomeKit and third party apps and they have Beats, so it's pretty much done, they just have to design it and start its productions the software integration is pretty munch handled.
And to be honest this is quite a small dream of mine but if Apple bought Sonos or built a product like it they would have their ecosystem pretty much complete (they could just bring back an update version of the Airports and boom).

I like Sonos as well, I agree that want to be a good match

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods