I have tried android a few times over the years but always come back to the iPhone. The performance and quality of the apps just seem better on the iPhone. I constantly say the iPhone is the best google phone
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    05-27-2017 02:15 PM
    I've used many Android phones. I'm back to iPhone because it seems more polished and more secure.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4
    libra89 likes this.
    05-27-2017 03:00 PM
    I've gone back and forth several times. For me it has more to do with variety. Android and ios both have their pros and cons. I'm currently on an iPhone 6s and I'm getting the itch to go back to Android again. In intrigued by the KEYone...
    libra89 and jmr1015 like this.
    05-27-2017 08:27 PM
    Here is my #1 and only reason I dislike my iPhone. I'm a musician. So music is a big deal to me. I absolutely despise the fact I cannot move or copy my music from my phone to another computer. I feel if I add music to my phone I should also be able to take it and add it to another computer if I need to. With Android and Blackberry you can do just that. But Apple keeps everything on lockdown and that shouldn't be allowed. Just my two cents.
    I am hoping with the new filesystem in the code perhaps we can see apple open this up a little bit i mean they do it with pictures. It is the one big drawback i have with iOS. and yea you can use icloud drive and google drive but especially when dealing with music you risk losing quality.
    05-28-2017 11:18 AM
    Customer service/tech support, their Workshops, Apple Pay, restoring your phone exactly like it was, updates, build and app quality, iOS stability and speed, seamless communication with my other Apple devices.
    Last edited by TwitchyPuppy; 05-29-2017 at 06:00 AM.
    05-28-2017 09:21 PM
    Switch from Apple to Android?!?!?!?

Why would anyone do that? I am in the process of switching TO Apple from Android (and Windows before that). I can't imagine going back to Android. Period. Under any circumstances.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    05-28-2017 11:02 PM
    I`ve been switching between IOS and Android for a few years now, and every time I switch, I get annoyed by the OS weak points, this time I'm using an Iphone 7, and I haven't gone back to Android only because I'm giving IOS another go, hoping some of the weak points are solved in the near future, but I've been missing a lot of features from Android that made the experience a LOT more user friendly, and I never experienced any kind of shortcomings with any Android phone as compared to IOS daily use, the biggest downside have always been the OS updates are too fragmented, and apps usually get to IOS first. Other than that, the phone size is great for me, not too big, not too small, but then again, not an IOS exclusive feature, battery life is a long way from great, but as my daily use has not been too intensive, it's ok, the cameras and screens on Apple phones have fallen behind, but they do their jobs, build quality is excellent and a big yes for Iphones, so to resume, I'm haven't swithced back to Android only because I hope Apple solves some of the IOS shortcomings with the next update.
    05-29-2017 07:13 AM
    Because of security issue.
    05-30-2017 01:40 AM
    I was android since the g1.

I swapped over to iPhone 7 plus and the damned this just works. No rooting and rom. Nada and the battery life makes it so I don't have to carry my 20k mophie around
    05-30-2017 02:29 AM
    For me:

-imessage
    -facetime
    -ease of use
    -apps tend to be more polished
    05-30-2017 02:02 PM
    I'm currently using both android and Apple. The great majority of my devices are Apple products. My computers are Macs and virtually my complete household is Apple. I'm currently using the Galaxy S8 Plus & iPhone 7 Plus for phones.

I love the Apple ecosystem for everything, especially for the syncing of all their devices. But I do have to say the my S8 is making me rethink my phone. There are many apps the make my Android work well if not better in my Apple ecosystem.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-01-2017 11:51 AM
    My first smartphone was a BlackBerry Curve. I've had numerous Androids over the years and this year finally switched to iPhone (SE). I've had an iPad for a couple of years now since I found Android tablets to be lacking and finally replaced my old Windows/Linux desktop with a Mac. Getting the iPhone just made sense to tie everything together. Plus, the lagging, instability, and general clunkiness of the Androids just got too annoying!
    06-01-2017 08:55 PM
    Due to malware risk and laggy software, android is still a no go for me, iphone seems to be a more stable phone and OS and keep up with all my smartphone needs, so no going to android for few more year. P.S i miss the headphone jack.
    06-02-2017 06:45 AM
    I think this debate will continue for years to come. I use Android primarily, but I'm always interested in what iPeople think about the subject.

Doesn't it really come down to ecosystem? Some say, users immersed in Google, should carry the iPhone and have both choices. People immersed in Apple's system, will always "choose" Apple hardware.

I'm curious how many IPhone users still use Google services (search, maps, etc) on a daily basis?
    To me it's more the UI. I find Android to have way too many steps to do or find the same thing as I can do on iOS. As for using Google, I limit it to Google search, Google Maps if it makes a difference and I'm in a hurry, and YouTube. I had the Google app and I asked for too much tracking so I deleted it.
    06-03-2017 10:18 AM
    I'm curious how many IPhone users still use Google services (search, maps, etc) on a daily basis?
    That's all I use on my iPhone. If I could uninstall all of the apple apps, I would.
    06-03-2017 12:57 PM
    I tried android a long time ago. Had an incredible for Verizon. Lasted me 5 hours. Ended up throwing it at a wall then went back to an iPhone.
    I just switched back after I found out iOS was sabotaging the speed of my iPhone 6+. I thought it seemed unreasonably slow!

I had Android devices all the way up to the iPhone and thought iOS was an improvement, but I think Android is progressing faster and newer versions are an improvement on iOS now. Going from 4.4 KitKat to 7.12 Nougat is almost like being on an entirely different platform.

Plus, the devices have greater longevity if you can root them and they have good 3rd party ROM support. I found this out ages ago from a Windows phone that had Android ROMs developed for it - it was amazing and cost next to nothing because, you know, Windows. Having a good-working paid-off device is really the best feature available.
    Smply_Rckless likes this.
    02-11-2018 06:12 PM
    I have both just to have both ecosystems at my finger tips and frankly I love both for different reasons. Can't imagine not having both imo.
    02-14-2018 04:47 AM
    I just switched back after I found out iOS was sabotaging the speed of my iPhone 6+. I thought it seemed unreasonably slow!

I had Android devices all the way up to the iPhone and thought iOS was an improvement, but I think Android is progressing faster and newer versions are an improvement on iOS now. Going from 4.4 KitKat to 7.12 Nougat is almost like being on an entirely different platform.

Plus, the devices have greater longevity if you can root them and they have good 3rd party ROM support. I found this out ages ago from a Windows phone that had Android ROMs developed for it - it was amazing and cost next to nothing because, you know, Windows. Having a good-working paid-off device is really the best feature available.
    Agreed and I've been bashed here for saying the same thing by the apple fanbois here. My iPhone X is the last iPhone I'll ever by. Sadly I'm stuck with an iPad because ForeFlight isn't available for Android or even a Microsoft Surface.
    Smply_Rckless likes this.
    02-17-2018 11:25 AM
    I use both, but iPhone is my primary device for a few reasons: 1) security, 2) updates for years beyond any Android phone, 3) security, 4) Apple Pay plus Apple Watch is simply brilliant, 5) security, 6) access to support personnel at Apple stores, 7) security. Oh, and did I mention security?
    grover5 likes this.
    02-17-2018 12:20 PM
    I use both. iPhone X mainly for the updates and battery life. I abandoned Samsung after the S7 Edge due to updates taking forever. I don't have this problem with Google Pixel. With all that being said, If Google and Samsung ever decides to start doing Google Play Editions again, I probably would end up leaving iPhone altogether. Nobody has Samsung beat in the hardware department. It's their software that sucks. Still get a little jealous whenever I see a Galaxy S8, but there is noway I am going back to Samsung unless they team back up with Google.
    02-17-2018 12:40 PM
    I use both platforms with a Mate 9 currently taking up the android flag.
    djrakowski likes this.
    02-17-2018 12:42 PM
    I use both platforms with a Mate 9 currently taking up the android flag.
    Good choice! I’ve been flipping between a Moto G5S Plus and an Honor 7X.
    02-17-2018 12:44 PM
    I really want to get a Note 8 but have no justification
    02-17-2018 12:45 PM
    I really want to get a Note 8 but have no justification
    I have one and love it and I believe @MizWylie has one too.
    02-17-2018 02:16 PM
    I still have many paid apps on the Android play store, but I just prefer IOS because of the integration between my device and my Mac desktop.
    02-21-2018 08:11 AM
156 ... 4567