What are the main reasons why you chose IOS and not android?

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
IOS and Android are two different systems, each has its advantages and disadvantages, and for this there are IOS users and andoid users. Why did you choose IOS?

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I have used both iOS and android over the years. Sometimes exclusively and sometimes simultaneously. I've been using a ZTE Axon 7 for the last month or so but today my iPhone 7 Plus will be delivered so I'm switching again. I actually prefer iOS but hate the wait when a new model comes out. I refuse to purchase a phone and wait weeks for it to be delivered. As for why I prefer iOS:
1. Best hardware in the business
2. Largest selection and highest quality apps
3. More stable than Android
4. Entire family uses iOS so iMessage and FaceTime come in handy
5. Best customer service, by far, at local Apple Store

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
The Majority of my family uses iOS and life is just easier that way. Cell phone stability is one less thing to think about.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I came from a windows mobile phone to iPhone 3GS back in 2008 and was a little bit hesitant to do so because of the system limits Apple implemented/ implements. I soon enough started jailbreaking my devices and found that iOS suits my needs better than any windows phone I used till that time.
Since 3 years I stopped jailbreaking because iOS 8 finally made it obsolete to jailbreak.

I don't ever think about switching to another mobile system as my whole ecosystem is based on Apple services.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
At the time it was for superior apps and hardware. Getting the dual camera 7 Plus makes it that way again.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It was my first smartphone, and folks said it was more user friendly than Androids. I liked it, and have stuck with iPhone since. My wife had an Android for a while, but I didn't like it.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I use it due to the fact I'm fully invested in the  environment. Plus the fact since iOS was introduced I have never had any issues with it.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I have no experience with Android. I've always been an Apple person, because when it came time for my husband and I to venture into the world of smartphones, he was adamant about Apple. He's an IT Professional (UNIX) and feels that Apple is much more secure. He had a Blackberry before his current iPhone, both issued by his office.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
IOS and Android are two different systems, each has its advantages and disadvantages, and for this there are IOS users and andoid users. Why did you choose IOS?

When I switched from the Blackberry OS to iOS, I stubbornly accepted all that came with it. When I switch from Blackberry to Android, I accepted all that came with it. Now that I'm back to the iPhone, I've accepted all that comes with it. I've never been in a situation where I had to choose. I switched platforms simply because I wanted to give an associated device a try. Even now, I stick with iOS because it's perfect and has been perfect for my smartphone needs and therefore I don't have a desire to switch platforms.

Dan_M

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
I only recently bought my first iPhone but i'm so in love. I got the iphone 6 when the 7 was released (price drop). It's so much better than any android phone I've ever had.

jianrong

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
There some magic that attract me. Sure it doesn't have much features than Android which is more open like mini computer.

jorge Hewitson

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
Stability first, ios ios offers more stability and better experience in general do not say that the latest versions of android are not worth or are not stable, but qe percentage of mobile, can run the latest version of android. The stability of IOS and security, allows developers to create great app and obviously make a profit for them. Ultimately if you have a ipohne, you can have all the native app of google calendar, mail, browser, photos etc, it is not Same if you have an android hardware

bcandiolo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware. Why?
Alan Kay once said that "People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware"

Apple has been making both, its hardware and operating system since day 1.

Same applies to PC's

alc1575

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
I've used both-my first smartphone was Android. I've had low, mid, and higher range droids and all experienced lag after a short while. I switched to iOS with the release of the iPhone 6 and am so glad I did. No lag or stuttering, just smooth operation all around. Since then, I have also purchased a MacBook, series 1 watch, and an iPad because I love the way the devices integrate. It just works for me.

rchacko

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
I've used both Android and IOS and found Android to provide a more customizable interface. I appreciate being able to tweak tiny details like App size, what things open up on my phone when I'm in certain locations, what apps launch when I plug in my earbuds, etc... (I guess I answered the opposite of this question :) )

Tre Lawrence

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I've used both Android and IOS and found Android to provide a more customizable interface. I appreciate being able to tweak tiny details like App size, what things open up on my phone when I'm in certain locations, what apps launch when I plug in my earbuds, etc... (I guess I answered the opposite of this question :) )

Yep, I'm a control freak, which is why Android will always be my daily driver. I like having things my way LOL.

Still, there is something elegant about iOS IMHO. I abhor iTunes, but the interoperability of the entire ecosystem is admirable.

I enjoy my iOS devices a great deal.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I use both Android and IOS. Have a Samsung S7 edge and a IPhone 7. Really like both systems. IOS because it's stable and just works and Android for its tweaks, like to set up a phone my way and display things I want to see and that's possible with Android. I would have a difficult time if I had to choose between them.

psamo

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site
What I do like most about the iOs is its' simplicity and lag free usability. I updated my old iPhone 4s to iOS 9... and it's working very good. I don't think it's a good idea too update android kitkat to Marshmallows.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2