iPad 3/2 Performance

Jeremy Jacobs

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone here still use an iPad 2 or 3 here? Mine still runs great for a nearly 5 year old tablet and I was wondering about everyone else's experiences with them.

anon(9644025)

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
My Ipad 2 still runs safari, youtube etc perfectly fine, running any modern game from the app store takes a toll on the performance however, i get ~10-20 fps on most 3D games while my 6s gets 60 fps. overall i think the ipad 2/3's have aged pretty well

vicj

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
My iPad2 has slowed down a lot in recent months. I think one gets used to it until they try a newer model. I know when I upgraded from an iPhone4 to the 6s I was blown away. I thought the 4 worked just fine but quickly realized how much time I spent waiting for apps to load once I switched to the 6s.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
My iPad2 has slowed down a lot in recent months. I think one gets used to it until they try a newer model. I know when I upgraded from an iPhone4 to the 6s I was blown away. I thought the 4 worked just fine but quickly realized how much time I spent waiting for apps to load once I switched to the 6s.

Very true. We still have an iPad 2 around the house and it runs unbearably slow next to my iPhone 7 Plus and iPad Pro.

ethankrantz

Banned
Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
I have an Apple iPad 2, and the same thing happened to me. I found some ways to help speed it up, however:
1) Delete apps you are not using
2) Turn off bluetooth or location services if you dont use that
3) Go into settings, turn off sounds you dont need (keyboard click, lock sounds), and reduce motion (in accessibility)
4) Delete images or videos you dont need to keep on there
5) make sure software is updated to latest one, and restart the ipad

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234