How many of you use an iPad but prefer an Android phone?

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Meaning, how many of you don't really care about the Apple ecosystem and are comfortable using, say, an iPad or a MacBook for their computing needs but prefer an Android phone?

I'm seriously considering this.
I really love my iPad Pro 9.7, I'm on it all the time, to the point that I'm realizing that I use my phone more as a phone than a computing device, so do I really need an iPhone that badly?

I'm thinking not.
I love my 6 Plus, I really do, especially now that Apple is totally killing the iPhone envy (for me at least) and trying to force me to rearrange my life around their delivery system failure.
I'm considering a Nexus phone.

I have a really busy schedule that takes me traveling everywhere in the western half of the US, I don't have time to sit at home and wait for Apple to get their #### together and deliver my phone.
It's the 3rd or 4th time I have to reschedule my life to suit their delivery snafus and this is not acceptable to me.

So right now, I'm on iPhone 6 Plus, it works.
I'm thinking of leaving to take care of the things I need to do which means I won't be home to receive the 7 Plus so I would need to cancel it.
And then when I really do need to upgrade, simply go back to Android.

But will I be happy with a split ecosystem?
Thoughts?

Elwaleed Mahmoud

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Re: How many of you use an iPad but an Android phone?

Yes you will. I have been using an iPad (starting with the first gen) and an Android phone from the start. Currently I have an iPad air and note 4 , and it is time for me to upgrade yet to an iPad pro and maybe next Android flagship. I have enjoyed the experience. I get the best of the two. There are many cross-platform apps that make the experience seemless and kills the boredom of one platform.

Elwaleed Mahmoud

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site

Android experience is best with phones because of diversity and versatility , while iOS experience is best with iPads due to functionality and robustness. When combined you get the best of the two

Bayzero

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site

Elwaleed, you have a salient point... I hope Apple Team work on that.

Friendzone

Banned
Oct 26, 2016
Visit site

Android experience is best with phones because of diversity and versatility , while iOS experience is best with iPads due to functionality and robustness. When combined you get the best of the two
My thoughts as well. My reasoning was that I'm a heavy user of all Google services on my home PC so Android was a good fit. I also love the Nexus 6P, but I'll only use Android phones that are directly Google, so if the 6P had turned out to be a bust that year I would've gone iPhone rather than another Android brand.

Tablets? Another story altogether. The only Android tablet i ever even considered and bought was the 2013 Nexus 7, which was pretty damn decent for its time. But it being $230 at the time played a huge part of that decision. Today's Android tablet scene frankly doesn't hold a candle to the iPad. My iPad Air 2 which is a generation behind now is better than any Android tablet available right now (yes even including the Pixel C). On the software side Android still to this day doesn't do tablets as well either.

Plus with some really minor tweaking my PC and Android Chrome bookmarks are now syncing with Safari on iOS, and all of Google's other apps are readily available for iPads so it was really easy for me to own an Android phone and an iPad tablet.

jlarkins08

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site

I love my Android phone but I have been thinking about getting rid of my iPad mini 4 and get a surface or MacBook. I wanted something more convenient for class to do work on and take notes. Yes I know I can buy a bluetooth keyboard for my mini but I was thinking of getting a MAC because that's a whole new OS that I have never used and I am a I.T. student, so it would be beneficial for me to learn other OS's besides Windows. I have a PC running windows 8.1 so I really didn't want to go surface but they are really cool looking especially in class. My classmates have said the surface is better and more versatile than the iPad. But I don't know, so I'm hanging on to my iPad because both products are a lot of money and I am not rich! I am a broke student ya know! lol

ptipspl

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site

I'm using the same iPhone for 3 years now, and it's still really fast and amazing. it's 5s, but the new 7 is just... gorgeous :)

Alanhd

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site

I use an iPad and an Android phone, I don't have a problem with a split Eco system. I use OneDrive to Sync photos and documents across both. Something's are easier to do on Android and some are easier on IOS so I get best of both worlds.

John States

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site

I have an iPad and carry an iPhone and an Android phone. The iPhone has some exclusive apps that are pretty good but with Android you can tinker with the look and feel plus it has better google integration. Most of the important apps are on both so I think it mostly comes down to personal taste when choosing between the two operating systems.

gram80

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site

I have both, I admit I like the android however you just can't beat the apps on the iphone. I can store way more as well.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I use an iPhone, an iPad Pro, an TV, an Airport Extreme, and a MacBook..:)

Xenden

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site

I tried a few years ago, but I never found a good continuity solution like the built in one for iPhone, iPad, and Mac.

red5gary

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site

I'm thinking about getting an Dtek60 instead of using my 5c, but will still use my iPad mini.

groy22799

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site

I prefer using an Android phone and a MacBook for my computer. I believe that offers me the most versatility. Being an IT professional, the flexibility of both platforms is essential.

astegmaier

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
I have a macbook which I'm super happy with, but gave up on iphones after the 4th generation. I have a Samsung S7 and love it! I also don't have any issues connecting my android phone to my computer to transfer files.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I've been using an Android phone (had the last couple Nexus phones and now a Pixel) alongside my Mac and iPad for a few years now. I have an iPhone for work as well, but I just enjoy the Android experience on a phone more. It's perfectly doable - I use iCloud for calendar and contacts and can sync it with my Pixel with no issues. I use cross platform apps/services (Wunderlist, OneNote, Dropbox etc) that I can access from any device. I'm also an Apple Music subscriber, so it was great when they announced support for Android.

As long as you're prepared to pay again for apps that you like, and are OK with giving up iMessage and other features that work best if you have the "complete" Apple ecosystem, you'll be fine.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711