Am I the only one who thought "Wow, those AirPods are actually pretty good. Good Job Apple."?

Darko Sekulic

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Am I the only one who thought "Wow, those AirPods are actually pretty good. Good Job Apple."?

It seems to me as if the internet is just making up memes for things that just aren't there. Honestly I really think that Apple nailed it this time the Apple Watch Series 2 (especially the Nike+ thing) and the iPhone 7. Let me know if you think otherwise. Cheers, bye! ;)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Am I the only one who thought "Wow, those AirPods are actually pretty good. Good Job Apple."?

The iPhone 7 & 7 Plus are downright awesome, in my opinion, and I am preparing to purchase the 7 Plus within the next couple of weeks. I like the addition of the GPS and the bump in speed of the Watch Series 2, but I'm not interested in getting one. My current Watch meets my smart watch needs. Now in regard to the new Nike themed Watch, I really like that. I also think the AirPods will sell nicely for Apple. Having said that, I thought it was a good presentation. Not spectacular or anything, but good nonetheless. I'm hoping that Apple provide us with better syncing between devices. For example, if I read a message on my Watch and then delete it therein, I want that action to be reflected over the rest of my connected devices. Know what I mean?

cunningbrad

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: Am I the only one who thought "Wow, those AirPods are actually pretty good. Good Job Apple."?

If they hurt my ears like the ones that come stock with the phone count me out.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site

Well I didn't really feel like they were the next best thing to slice bread but I did feel like they were something  is missing. I really can't wait to hear the sound they put out. That will determine if they are really worth the $159

JeryFD

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site

Honestly I like there implementation of the technology. I'm not crazy about the look of it though. I know that comfort wise I wouldn't have a problem with them since I normally only use my EarPods for daily walks since I have other ear buds and headphones that I use for other occasions. If it wasn't because I don't like the way they look, I would definitely buy these to replace my EarPods.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

Re: the AirPods, if I understand this correctly, with the custom W1 chip they use, the AirPods will sync automatically with your phone as long as the phone is on iOS 10. Then, ANY other device associated with the iCloud account that the phone is linked to will be paired as well (Macs, iPads, or Apple Watches) as long as those devices are on the latest OS's - iOS 10, macOS Sierra, or watchOS 3. If this is so, I'm liking the idea of a sort of 'single sign on' for these, versus having to sync them on a per device basis.

annewalk

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site

I'd love to use them but they don't fit in my ears. I wish they would make ear pods that are moldable to the users' ears so that they would fit anyone and become more secure as they conform to the users' unique contours.

Judson50

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site

My biggest concern is charging your phone and using the ear pods. I always have my phone plugged in while driving and then the ear pods. Just curious to see it all work together.

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site

You can tell the AirPods were designed by a single man - they look like tampons hanging from your ears. Half the population find them very funny.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

You can tell the AirPods were designed by a single man - they look like tampons hanging from your ears. Half the population find them very funny.

I think they look like dog whistles. Lol

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site

I can see some people liking them but I'm not a fan of the long handle on them. I use the jaybird x2 ones and there is a cable connecting the two together but i find them to be very comfortable.

Shanicenicolle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

I'm not a fan of them not being connected. Too easy for me to lose.

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site

Who was the first person to walk outside with over the ear headphones? I am sure people were pointing at them saying what a plonker. Now it is considered ok to walk around with tin cans strapped to your head.:rolleyes:

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site

As a version 1 product they pretty much nailed it. Just needs refining that is all. I will buy them as I listen to podcasts mainly at work for at least 10 hours a day so the ability to use one at a time while recharging the other is great.

Jacob_LMay

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site

I think the AirPods will turn out to be alright. I'm looking forward to the black pair. What's y'all thought of them?

Vegard Svendsen

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site

I think they look really cool, a bit expensive though, and I am afraid I might lose them...

imccausl

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site

I won't be getting them for awhile because of the price. But as someone who made the transition to Bluetooth headphones awhile back, I am very excited about the W1 chip. Bluetooth pairing is super annoying when I want to move between devices. So yeah, the air pods are an exciting product whether or not you want to buy that particular implemtation of the larger idea.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Absolutely not, my very first thought on AirPods was, great they took the same subpar audio system, removed the cable and 90% of the functionality, then charged $130 for them, and they only last a few hours. Nope.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

That should be $130 more, Tapatalk won't let me edit it, it's longer than 100 characters. This new update is really really bad.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711