Which Twitter client do you use on your iPhone?

BeyondtheTech

Jul 2, 2008
Visit site
Re: Twitter client

I've been using Tweetbot ever since they upgraded to version 4. Was pretty cool when it synchronized the spot you were last on across Mac and iOS devices. However, even with an 8GB MacBook Pro Retina, I noticed that my machine was quickly creating a page file, so I started to see what apps took up a lot of memory.

Tweetbot was eating about 450MB easily. Compared to 230MB that the native Twitter app uses, I started to question my continued use of Tweetbot.

I also started to notice that Tweetbot doesn't do deep searches, or maybe the cache isn't large enough (which is ironic, since the memory usage is so much more). It also doesn't do voting buttons. And now Twitter's new filter feature is not available on Tweetbot, so I decided to switch back.

prithvi64

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
I find official twitter with dark theme is much better. Recently update has given better control to unfollow, hide, didn't like etc on the main screen itself.

G323q569

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Tweetbot. I've had it since the iPhone 4 days. I will admit, although I do like Tweetbots design, I much prefer Twitterriffic's colors more. Yet that still isn't enough reasoning for me to switch clients.

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
For my personal terrier it's the default twitter app on my iPhone and iPad and tweet deck on my desktop.

For work twitter it's Hootsuite on iPhone, iPad and desktop.

I prefer two separate apps because it reduces greatly the worry of tweeting from the wrong account as has happened to people I know who have them both in the default app