Help setting up new device?

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
So. As off last night, I am the proud new owner of a brand spankibg new iPad Pro 9.7, wifi & cellular, 256 GB.
I had backed up my Air 2 to iCloud.
Everything seems to have loaded up ok.

But in settings, it says I'm ready to install 9.3.3

I click on install and it won't, instead it tells me I will be able to install after my iPad is done restoring from iCloud backup.

But everything is restored.

What's going on and how can I fix it?

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Oh, and I just looked in my backup settings, it says my iPad is STILL restoring... But I started all that last night, is this normal?

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
I'm wondering did you have content from a PC or Mac that has to sync back yet from iTunes?..and are you constantly connected to wifi...cuz I think it needs wifi to restore..

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm on wifi. I just decided to completely wipe it clean and start over. If it doesn't work I might have to go back to the Apple Store.

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Well if u start over, u may as well restore to latest iOS...9.3.3..if ur using iTunes that is...if ur just using the device OTA then update, then restore the backup

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I decided to start over but instead of restoring from my last backup, I set it up as a new device. I had to put all my apps manually one by one but in doing so, I removed a lot of clutter and only kept the ones I actually use. And... IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM WOOHOO!!! *happy dance*

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2