Is the quality of Music downloaded from a legitimate site affected by wifi or mobile data?

I

iMore Question

Music downloading

Hi, is the quality of a song downloaded from a legitimate site affected whether it's by WiFi or mobile data, or is the cost the only difference between the two..so apart from the cost to your data is the quality of the download the same regardless of the connection..thanks

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Music downloading

Welcome to iMore!

The quality of the downloaded song is going to be contingent on the quality of the upload. If it's uploaded at 256 for example, then you'll get 256 if you download via WiFi or mobile data. The biggest thing that those 2 connections might impact with regard to that song is the speed at which it downloads.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to iMore! If you're physically downloading the song to your device you shouldn't notice a difference. If you're streaming music, on the other hand, you may be getting a lower quality feed over mobile data than over wifi. It really depends on the service, and many have settings that let you choose whether or not to stream lower quality audio over mobile data. For instance, Apple Music has a "High Quality Streaming" setting.

Goyate

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site

Thanks for your answers, so if I accidentally left my data will trying to download a song on WiFi it shouldn't make any difference to the quality of download, sorry trying to be specific lol