Should I get an iPhone 5S or iPhone SE?

I

iMore Question

Should I get an Iphone 5S or Iphone SE

I'm undecided as to whether to get an Iphone SE or the cheaper 5S. Looking on the net I see people saying that when surfing tabs dont refresh as much with 2GB of RAM that the SE has. I couldn't see myself doing much surfing on the small screen of the SE. Is the extra RAM for futureproofing for whats ahead in terms of iOS updates.

Thanks,

Michael

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Re: Should I get an Iphone 5S or Iphone SE

If you can afford it, I would suggest the SE over the 5S. It would be more futureproof for sure over the 5s, but I think the 5s would probably make it to iOS 11 too.

Drumilly

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site

Going for a 2 year contract with the 5S which has 1 Gb of RAM is a bit concerning for me. I have been looking around the phone shops locally to try out iphones and although they sold the 5S I didn't see one on display. BTW I've had android phones since smartphones came out and although I'm happy with them I just want to try something different. To be honest Apple isn't really selling it for me with their pricing and restrictive storage,but the 5S is still in the mix

Michael (OP)

Last edited:

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

The SE is a better phone than the 5s, so I would go with the SE. My fiance' recently purchased one and he is extremely happy with it. We both just came from Android..... iPhones are worth every penny.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If money is no object, get the SE. The 5s is still a great phone, but you'll get more mileage out of the SE. RAM means more than surfing the Web. It's memory of all that's done on the phone. If you're on a budget, the 5s is a good choice.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

I'd have to say go for the SE if you're going to be using for any considerable length of time because it'll allow you the use of the most features and will likely receive updates longer

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

SE
It's almost three years newer than the 5s. You'll get more mileage out of the SE.

anon(9419666)

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
I think even with the price difference the iPhone SE is still a better buy. The SE is much faster than the 5s and because is a newer phone it's more future proof.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

The 5s is still a great device but I'd go with the SE. It will get more updates in the future.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site

The se will trump the 5s in every way. The answer to this is a no brainier if you can afford the SE

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711