Do you guys use Apple Pay?

annewalk

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
I use my Apple Watch and Apple Pay so often that when I encounter a merchant that doesn't have tap to pay, I'm temporarily flummoxed. Then I have to dig around in the bottom of my purse to find my bank card. Can't wait for Apple Pay for online payments.

ericts7

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
Do any of y'all know of some articles that deal with how secure Apple Pay is? I like the idea but am very nervous about using it over the air for security reasons.

MrMike6by9

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Would use it all the time if many more merchants accepted it. I just returned from a long road trip and didn't have success finding tap to pay signs at most places. Even my obligatory Starbucks stops don't help since app is still used as a conduit. Apple needs to pump serious resources into a marketing campaign and push to onboard merchants.

You can do a web search for Apple Pay vendors in your local area. There's even at least one app that can do that as well. Your results may vary ...

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
I don't use Apple Pay as much as I would like only because it's much easier for me to pull my card out my pocket. Well I guess I could just pull my phone out as well. I'm going to start trying to do that.

Judson50

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Do any of y'all know of some articles that deal with how secure Apple Pay is? I like the idea but am very nervous about using it over the air for security reasons.

There is a lot out there. But it works safer than the chip and your credit card.

It tokenizes every transaction; however, your credit card is not stored on your iPhone. It does a one time connection with your credit card and from there it tokenizes every single transaction.

Therefore if you go to a store and use Apple Pay the store will receive your tokenization number, which is actually a one time use credit card number.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't use Apple Pay as much as I would like only because it's much easier for me to pull my card out my pocket. Well I guess I could just pull my phone out as well. I'm going to start trying to do that.

My phone is usually in my hands so to not have to pull the wallet out additionally is nice. Just one less step for me. Lol.

wesee

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I use it everywhere I can, mostly with the watch. If a business doesn't have tap to pay or it's down I voice my displeasure.

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I used it yesterday to pay at a Starbucks... the girl behind the register got wide eyed and stated that it was so cool how quickly it worked. I used my watch to pay. I guess she hasn't seen Apple Pay in action before.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
It took awhile for my bank to be added, but I've been using it ever since it finally was included. I mostly use it when I go shopping at stores like Trader Joe's and BJ's. It's very quick and convenient, especially when I've got my phone out while using the Lists app while shopping.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73