This question is for all iPhone 6 and later models users who do not use a screen guard for their iPhone. I noticed that more and more iPhone users are buying screen protectors to protect the screen from scratches, but are they really necessary?

For those who bought a screen protector: Have you seen a decrease in the number of significant scratches since purchasing the screen protector?

Avery Eisenreich
    06-19-2016 04:23 PM
    For me, I have a screen protector to protect from having the actual screen crack. I hate cracked screens and I find them to be very ugly to look at. I'm indifferent about scratches but I never put my keys in the same pocket as my phone.
    Annie_i6s likes this.
    06-19-2016 07:03 PM
    No they are not necessary.
    06-19-2016 08:05 PM
    No they are not necessary.
    I agree but it depends somewhat on the user. I have never used a screen protector and have never had an issue. My wife, on the other hand, will throw her 6s in her purse with her keys without even giving it a thought. I put a tempered glass screen protector on her phone because she WILL scratch her screen without one.
    Annie_i6s and J Dubbs like this.
    06-19-2016 08:07 PM
    I have one on there as precaution. I'm very careful with my phone and never drop it or even put it in a pocket or anywhere else where it may get scratched but I do sell it every year and want to keep it pristine.
    libra89 and Rob Phillips like this.
    06-19-2016 11:03 PM
    Actually the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus have the hardest screens ever put on an iPhone (the 6 and 6 Plus screens are not as scratch resistant) , I do not use a screen protector (this is a first since my Blackberry 8330 days) and I have no scratches on my screen or device and I purchased it exactly a week after initial release.
    judgetom likes this.
    06-19-2016 11:31 PM
    I never used to use a screen protector until they started selling the tempered glass ones. Since those are just as nice as the bare glass screen I started using them just for extra piece of mind on my iPhone 6.
    06-20-2016 11:06 AM
    I never used to use a screen protector until they started selling the tempered glass ones. Since those are just as nice as the bare glass screen I started using them just for extra piece of mind on my iPhone 6.
    Sometimes a little piece of mind is more powerful than whether or not it will actually make a difference at the end of the day. It's similar to buying an extended warranty. We hope that we never actually need to use it but it makes us feel safer to have it.
    libra89, Spencerdl and J Dubbs like this.
    06-20-2016 11:10 AM
    On my 6s plus, when I didn't use a screen protector I got a lot of little faint sratches and I baby my phone. So I say yes. Get a Zagg glass or something similar.
    Jamie Wooten likes this.
    06-20-2016 11:12 AM
    Not necessary at all, but a glass protector helps keep the screen intact while not compromising looks.
    06-21-2016 01:33 AM
    They are not necessary, but considering what you pay for the phone, I would say it is good idea to have. Just as a preventative measure. Anything can happen at anytime. Better safe than sorry.
    Speedygi likes this.
    06-21-2016 02:17 AM
    I honestly don't think they're ever "necessary" if you choose to walk around without one. But because my current device typically helps offset the cost of my new device, I keep mine protected.
    firedept10, J Dubbs and Speedygi like this.
    06-21-2016 06:45 AM
    This. At least the peace of mind part (not a fan of the fit of tempered glass on the 6 models)
    06-21-2016 07:29 AM
    This. At least the peace of mind part (not a fan of the fit of tempered glass on the 6 models)
    Definitely enjoyed the fit of any screen protector much better on the more squared iPhones. Edge to edge baby!
    firedept10 and Spencerdl like this.
    06-21-2016 07:32 AM
    Definitely enjoyed the fit of any screen protector much better on the more squared iPhones. Edge to edge baby!
    Yup! That's why I like the thinner crystal ones -- not sticking up as far it isn't as noticeable to me.
    06-21-2016 07:43 AM
    I don't use a screen protector and don't see the need. They don't help with drops. And I don't worry about scratches. I've had my 6s Plus since September, and have no scratches at all. My Otterbox is all the protection I need.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    06-21-2016 09:38 AM
    I totally agree. With the curved edges on the 6/6s Plus, screen protectors actually look hideous IMHO
    mumfoau likes this.
    06-21-2016 09:41 AM
    I totally agree. With the curved edges on the 6/6s Plus, screen protectors actually look hideous IMHO
    They do but I keep right on buying em
    Spencerdl likes this.
    06-21-2016 09:43 AM
    I agree with the glass but the thin crystal ones nearly disappear IMO.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    06-21-2016 06:24 PM
    I use to use wallet style cases, they protected everything, but as my phones have gotten bigger thats no longer an option for pocket carry. I devote a pocket solely to my phone and carry it in a soft cloth phone "bag". Protects the phone nicely without bulking it up, and with the voice activated features of the new phones and bluetooth, it almost never leaves my pocket

Its actually nice to be able to use just the bare phone without a bunch of stuff attached to it for a change
    06-22-2016 06:24 PM
    No they are not required at all. But to protect your iPhone you need to be careful while using it. I am not using screen protector, but i am using flip case to protect my iPhone.
    07-08-2016 03:47 AM
    Probably not necessary but I hate even faint scratches. I use a thin glass protector on mine. Works out great.
    libra89 likes this.
    07-09-2016 12:10 AM
    Yes, unless you like scratches !
    07-09-2016 10:53 AM
    I've had my 6s Plus since exactly one week after release date (ten months), and I don't use a screen protector. The 6s/6s Plus has the hardest screens ever put on a Apple iPhone. I have NO scratches anywhere on my device. The screens on the new smartphones are extremely scratch resistance so I choose not to use one, not to mention the ugly line on the edge of the protectors where the edge meets the actual screen. I guess that's my OCD kicking in.
    07-09-2016 11:09 AM