Will Apple ever develop their own Search Engine?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Apple Search Engine

I don't understand the issue. I just launch safari and start typing. Whatever I'm looking for comes up along with several suggestions.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

I don't understand the issue. I just launch safari and start typing. Whatever I'm looking for comes up along with several suggestions.

Yes, but those suggestions are being mined from another search Engine, like Google. That works just fine for me too!

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I don't see why Apple needs to compete in a space where there are already three major powerhouses...

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
iOS keyboard: It's not intuitive. Dictation is horrid. No swiping ability. Doesn't learn my new habits as SwiftKey does.

I've noticed that the stock keyboard's dictation is heavily dependent on the environment. In a perfectly quiet room it does okay. In my car, on the other hand, I might as well be speaking a foreign language. The unfortunate part is that the stock keyboard is the only one that offers dictation due to the limitations Apple imposes on third party keyboards. Hopefully Apple opening up to developers a little more in iOS 10 a little will give third party keyboards more access to things like the microphone. I'd be sold on SwiftKey if it had dictation.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR