Anyway do you think Apple will make a search engine it would be interesting to see I'm surprised they haven't yet to compete with Google
    06-08-2016 09:43 PM
    Anyway do you think Apple will make a search engine it would be interesting to see I'm surprised they haven't yet to compete with Google
    Apple won't make a search engine just for the sake of competing with Google. That being said, you never know. I think Apple needs to concentrate on improving its existing services before branching off into new ones.
    06-08-2016 09:46 PM
    Yeah true
    06-08-2016 09:47 PM
    If they do, it won't be great for a long, long time. They still have a lot of work to do on Maps,Siri, and iCloud to some extent. I slowly have been losing faith in some of Apple's apps and services so I wouldn't be interested in their search engine.
    06-09-2016 01:35 PM
    Is it just an estimated location? Web sites--not just Google--often track visitors' geographic locations and they don't need your permission. They can tell approximately where you are based on your IP address.
    IP is the culprit. Use a VPN and see if it changes.
    06-09-2016 01:46 PM
    I'm an apple fanatic I love everything they do. Cool is it happening to you too robert
    06-09-2016 08:16 PM
    They could definitely afford to buy Yahoo and its whole suite of services, including search. But I don't think Yahoo has anything Apple really needs. Apple sells computer hardware (and you could argue that an iPhone is just a pocket computer). They aren't a search company. If they wanted to hurt Google, buying or rolling their own search wouldn't be as effective as just supporting Bing. Apple and Microsoft have both been at their best when working together, and Bing is nearly as good as Google, despite what some Google fans say. (I consider myself a Google fan, and I respect what Bing has done.)

Really, if you don't like Google (search), get the Bing app. It's very nice, and I think it's nicer than the Google search app. Since I use Google a lot, I search with Google on my iPhone when I want the search saved, and Bing when I don't (it has a private mode, which I leave on). So, like, if I want to search something health related, since I use Google at work, I don't want my job to know I searched that, I use Bing. Nothing wrong with the Bing app at all. Check it out!
    06-09-2016 11:39 PM
    I'm an apple fanatic I love everything they do. Cool is it happening to you too robert
    I see it on mine, but nothing is really happening IP address is helpful for location, nothing to worry about.
    TurboTiger likes this.
    06-10-2016 07:24 AM
    Cool thanks rob it said my location was somewhere else today so it seems to be moving to different locations must be just a rough location
    06-10-2016 10:44 PM
    Cool thanks rob it said my location was somewhere else today so it seems to be moving to different locations must be just a rough location
    Correct!
    06-11-2016 04:19 PM
    thanks
    06-11-2016 04:20 PM
    More importantly: Apple needs to make a decent keyboard first.
    anony_mouse likes this.
    06-11-2016 08:51 PM
    What keyboard are you referring to? The iOS keyboard? The MacBook keyboard? Personally, I really like Apple's keyboards.
    06-11-2016 09:00 PM
    Apple does make awesome keyboards I love them all
    06-11-2016 09:57 PM
    Please explain/clarify
    06-12-2016 07:06 AM
    I don't understand the issue. I just launch safari and start typing. Whatever I'm looking for comes up along with several suggestions.
    TurboTiger likes this.
    06-13-2016 07:32 PM
    I don't understand the issue. I just launch safari and start typing. Whatever I'm looking for comes up along with several suggestions.
    Yes, but those suggestions are being mined from another search Engine, like Google. That works just fine for me too!
    06-13-2016 11:31 PM
    I don't see why Apple needs to compete in a space where there are already three major powerhouses...
    06-14-2016 01:39 AM
    you could say the same about phones or apple pay then as well where android pay and samsung pay are too
    Speedygi likes this.
    06-14-2016 12:47 PM
    you could say the same about phones or apple pay then as well where android pay and samsung pay are too
    Could be!
    Speedygi likes this.
    06-14-2016 08:04 PM
    Maybe Apple should, but it doesn't seem to be a priority of theirs, given their recent announcements...
    06-14-2016 08:26 PM
    Give it time they might they compete with Google in other ways such as phones and maps etc so why not a search engine
    06-14-2016 08:29 PM
    What keyboard are you referring to? The iOS keyboard? The MacBook keyboard? Personally, I really like Apple's keyboards.
    iOS keyboard: It's not intuitive. Dictation is horrid. No swiping ability. Doesn't learn my new habits as SwiftKey does.
    anony_mouse likes this.
    06-21-2016 03:10 PM
    Please explain/clarify
    06-21-2016 03:11 PM
    iOS keyboard: It's not intuitive. Dictation is horrid. No swiping ability. Doesn't learn my new habits as SwiftKey does.
    I've noticed that the stock keyboard's dictation is heavily dependent on the environment. In a perfectly quiet room it does okay. In my car, on the other hand, I might as well be speaking a foreign language. The unfortunate part is that the stock keyboard is the only one that offers dictation due to the limitations Apple imposes on third party keyboards. Hopefully Apple opening up to developers a little more in iOS 10 a little will give third party keyboards more access to things like the microphone. I'd be sold on SwiftKey if it had dictation.
    sanibel likes this.
    06-21-2016 05:08 PM
51 123