Will Apple ever develop their own Search Engine?

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Re: Apple Search Engine

Yes it tells me it's getting it from my IP address and recent locations I searched but I cleared my locations history so I'm guessing it's from my ip. Is there anyway to get rid of this

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site

For example I'm from Ireland and I live in Dublin so it gives my location as Dublin rather than the local area I live within Dublin if that makes sense

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Yes it tells me it's getting it from my IP address and recent locations I searched but I cleared my locations history so I'm guessing it's from my ip. Is there anyway to get rid of this

Aside from using a VPN there's really no way to stop them from gaining access to your IP address. Is there a reason you're so worried? The second you bought a smartphone and starting using social media you signed away a certain amount of privacy. It's the name of the game!

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site

Ok cool no no reason at all just. Curious is all as I've never noticed it before and like I said above I'm a private person is all. Thanks for the info. All I ever Google is apple tech anyway lol. No it was just more for curiosity I wanted to know thanks

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Ok cool no no reason at all just. Curious is all as I've never noticed it before and like I said above I'm a private person is all. Thanks for the info. All I ever Google is apple tech anyway lol. No it was just more for curiosity I wanted to know thanks

You're welcome :)

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site

Anyway do you think Apple will make a search engine it would be interesting to see I'm surprised they haven't yet to compete with Google

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Anyway do you think Apple will make a search engine it would be interesting to see I'm surprised they haven't yet to compete with Google

Apple won't make a search engine just for the sake of competing with Google. That being said, you never know. I think Apple needs to concentrate on improving its existing services before branching off into new ones.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

If they do, it won't be great for a long, long time. They still have a lot of work to do on Maps,Siri, and iCloud to some extent. I slowly have been losing faith in some of Apple's apps and services so I wouldn't be interested in their search engine.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Is it just an estimated location? Web sites--not just Google--often track visitors' geographic locations and they don't need your permission. They can tell approximately where you are based on your IP address.

IP is the culprit. Use a VPN and see if it changes.

dragontology

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
They could definitely afford to buy Yahoo and its whole suite of services, including search. But I don't think Yahoo has anything Apple really needs. Apple sells computer hardware (and you could argue that an iPhone is just a pocket computer). They aren't a search company. If they wanted to hurt Google, buying or rolling their own search wouldn't be as effective as just supporting Bing. Apple and Microsoft have both been at their best when working together, and Bing is nearly as good as Google, despite what some Google fans say. (I consider myself a Google fan, and I respect what Bing has done.)

Really, if you don't like Google (search), get the Bing app. It's very nice, and I think it's nicer than the Google search app. Since I use Google a lot, I search with Google on my iPhone when I want the search saved, and Bing when I don't (it has a private mode, which I leave on). So, like, if I want to search something health related, since I use Google at work, I don't want my job to know I searched that, I use Bing. Nothing wrong with the Bing app at all. [URL="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bing-fast-beautiful-mobile/id345323231?at=10l3Vy]Check it out![/URL]

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Cool thanks rob it said my location was somewhere else today so it seems to be moving to different locations must be just a rough location

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox