I'd be curious to read a review of using Android Wear with an iPhone. I'm a recent Android to iOS convert, but I'm heavily invested in Google apps. I had a first gen Moto360 with an Android phone and am considering getting an Apple Watch, but would like to know how functional the newer Android Wear options are with iOS, and how it compares to Apple Watch with Google apps (ie Google Now)
    05-18-2016 06:43 PM
  2. Penguwin said: Best Answer

As mentioned above, there are some serious restrictions / limitations to using Android Wear on iOS, however THIS article lays out the drawbacks pretty well.

Basically, there isn't much of an app ecosystem for the Android Wear watches yet on iOS and watch faces are pretty much non existent... you get to select from the ones that came with the watch.

If you already have the Android Wear watch and the iPhone, then you got nothing to lose. Download the Android Wear app for iOS and play around a bit.

If you decide you want something more "full featured" maybe wait a bit for AW to mature on iOS or consider a Pebble or Apple smartwatch.

Best of luck!
    Personally, I do not have any Android products so I'm not able to answer your question, but hopefully, you won't have to wait long to get a reply from someone who can. Take care...
    05-18-2016 09:56 PM
    Does Android Wear even work with the iPhone?
    05-18-2016 10:36 PM
    Does Android Wear even work with the iPhone?
    Yes it does, but with some limitations. Third party apps won't work, and either will text messaging or Bluetooth audio streaming. OK Google is quite limited too.

If you're an iPhone user you'll be MUCH better off with an Apple Watch.
    Laura Knotek, pkcable and xandros9 like this.
    05-18-2016 10:38 PM
    As mentioned above, there are some serious restrictions / limitations to using Android Wear on iOS, however THIS article lays out the drawbacks pretty well.

Basically, there isn't much of an app ecosystem for the Android Wear watches yet on iOS and watch faces are pretty much non existent... you get to select from the ones that came with the watch.

If you already have the Android Wear watch and the iPhone, then you got nothing to lose. Download the Android Wear app for iOS and play around a bit.

If you decide you want something more "full featured" maybe wait a bit for AW to mature on iOS or consider a Pebble or Apple smartwatch.

Best of luck!
    Rob Phillips and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-18-2016 10:54 PM