I'm looking for a printer to use with our iPhones, iPads and my husbands laptop. My iPhone is a 6s, my husbands is a 5. We both have iPad 2's.
    05-16-2016 09:47 AM
  2. Rob Phillips said: Best Answer

You are DEFINITELY going to want a printer that is AirPrint enabled. It offers a completely seamless experience with iOS printing. Otherwise you'll be stuck using a third-party app for printing which, in my experience, is inconvenient at best. A list of AirPlay-enabled printers can be found here.

For great color printing I'd stick with HP. I especially like how the print heads are attached to the cartridges. You get a fresh print head every time you swap out a cartridge. That's been my experience, unless HP has changed that.
    I use HP love it!
    05-16-2016 09:51 AM
    Thanks! Can you suggest a particular model number?
    05-16-2016 10:01 AM
    Inkjet? Laser? Color? B&W?
    05-16-2016 05:41 PM
    I have a Canon MX922 but man the thing eats ink, particularly during "maintenance". I've heard good things about Brother printers, and they don't use as much ink according to the reviews I've read. That's probably the route I'll go next time.
    05-16-2016 06:21 PM
    Inkjet? Laser? Color? B&W?
    Ooops... just saw this. I would definitely want a color printer. Whether or not it would be an inkjet or laser depends on the affordability!!!
    05-18-2016 03:30 PM
    I use the HP M252dw LaserJet Pro. It typically runs about $225 - $250. Works great wirelessly from all my iOS devices and my laptop computers. Cartridges last a long time.
    05-18-2016 06:12 PM
    Avoid the Epson WF-2540
    I constantly have to do a nozzle check & print head cleaning.
    Good Luck
    05-18-2016 08:04 PM
    You are DEFINITELY going to want a printer that is AirPrint enabled. It offers a completely seamless experience with iOS printing. Otherwise you'll be stuck using a third-party app for printing which, in my experience, is inconvenient at best. A list of AirPlay-enabled printers can be found here.

For great color printing I'd stick with HP. I especially like how the print heads are attached to the cartridges. You get a fresh print head every time you swap out a cartridge. That's been my experience, unless HP has changed that.
    Annie_i6s and ladyc0524 like this.
    05-18-2016 08:16 PM

Good info DB
    Tks
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    05-18-2016 08:19 PM
    Good info DB
    Tks
    You're welcome
    05-18-2016 10:15 PM
    AirPrint works great. If you want a bit more control/options you could also get Printer Pro.

Printer Pro -
    https://appsto.re/ca/hVxCx.i
    05-21-2016 12:49 AM

Thank you so much for this information. It's the kind of information that I was looking for!
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    05-21-2016 05:33 AM
    Thank you so much for this information. It's the kind of information that I was looking for!
    You're welcome
    05-21-2016 06:31 AM
    @DevilishBanker gets something right now and then.
    05-21-2016 09:29 AM
    @DevilishBanker gets something right now and then.
    Nobody asked you!
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    05-21-2016 09:31 AM
    Nobody asked you!
    lol
    Rob Phillips and ladyc0524 like this.
    05-21-2016 10:50 AM
    My wife bought me the Smartphone Photo Cube last year and it really is excellent. It doesn't require a pc and is so convenient when we want to quickly print a few snaps of the kids etc. It is a little ink-heavy though so you have been warned!
    05-24-2016 01:50 PM