Where were you in 1999? What device did you have?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
In a suburb of Los Angeles, the 10th grade, and had a Motorola Star Tac activated for me on my dad's AirTouch account for emergencies. I don't think I even started using my cell phone regularly until I was actually graduated from high school.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In North Carolina with a Sprint/Motorola bag phone. Best reception ever!

Remember the mobile phone antennas that used to be affixed to the rear window? I kid you not, but I saw a car with a fake one attached. My teen son didn't know what it was, and when I explained it to him, he was in awe.

blackmagicwoman

Trusted Member
Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I was with Sprint too in 1999. I remember the commercials with the needles falling to the floor. They promised clear calls. Oh well. Those were the days.

jarofclay73

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
img_1005-evolution-5_thumb555.jpg

Had a Motorola phone that looked kinda like this. It was given to me by my family to make emergency calls. So, it was free. I also had a pager. I used that a lot more than the phone. I didn't buy my own phone until around 2003-2005. Ironically, that was a Samsung phone.

I was on a local carrier called Honolulu Cellular which became Cingular then AT&T.

blackmagicwoman

Trusted Member
Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 105864

Had a Motorola phone that looked kinda like this. It was given to me by my family to make emergency calls. So, it was free. I also had a pager. I used that a lot more than the phone. I didn't buy my own phone until around 2003-2005. Ironically, that was a Samsung phone.

I was on a local carrier called Honolulu Cellular which became Cingular then AT&T.

Those were the days. Still got my old pager. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1461807623.650132.jpg

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I was in 10th grade and had a TI-89 calculator. If you were found to have a cell phone in my school at that time you were immediately suspended for 2 weeks because they assumed anyone who had a cell phone then was a drug dealer.

Should be the same way today. Kids do not need mobile phones that in school.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I'm starting to assume I'm the youngest member in here lol

Maybe you and me are tied for that. LOL.

I have used a typewriter, my mom had one by Brother. Cassette player, yes, and VCR totally. Also remembering when we would tell each other to be quiet so that we could record a song off the radio. i also remember really wanting a walkman!

I didn't get my first phone until I was 16 years old.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Oh I used a Underwood typewriter in school from junior high all the way through high school. I still have that typewriter. Was made in 1925. I typed all of my homework and notes. I had folders for each class with a table of contents in each folder. The teachers thought that was a great idea. The typewriter is one heave puppy. Works great though.

violetjune

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site

I have used a typewriter, my mom had one by Brother. Cassette player, yes, and VCR totally. Also remembering when we would tell each other to be quiet so that we could record a song off the radio. i also remember really wanting a walkman!

Have you ever used a record player
They are making a comeback ...

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site

16 I was still using our parents rotary phone. No such things as mobile phones. As today I still use a rotary phone here. Will use mobile phone when I am not home though. The rotary phone has a nice loud ring to it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR