In 1999, I was in a crib. The only "device" I had was a baby monitor. Of course, all this would be after I was born on October 23rd, 1999.
    05-02-2016 10:18 PM
    Palm lll and a flip phone. Little did I know I would be able to have both of those is one little case.
    blackmagicwoman likes this.
    05-03-2016 01:20 AM
    San Jose, CA. Apple MessagePad 2100 with a flat body Metricom wireless modem velcroed to the bottom for constant connectivity, and a Nokia phallic phone.
    05-03-2016 09:07 AM
    In 1999 I was graduating high school. True story.
    05-03-2016 02:33 PM
    In 99 I was graduating high school too and then joined the Marine Corps. My device for most of the year was a Motorola Pager, it was the one that you could get text on the screen and it updated things like the news and sports scores by itself and I was totally amazed. I had it because I worked for my uncle's unfortunately dieing pager store. It was awesome for baseball scores. On dates and getting baseball score updates. It was cool because my girlfriend at the time was as big a baseball fan as me and we both wanted to know how the game was going.
    05-04-2016 10:52 AM
    In 99 I was graduating high school too and then joined the Marine Corps. My device for most of the year was a Motorola Pager, it was the one that you could get text on the screen and it updated things like the news and sports scores by itself and I was totally amazed. I had it because I worked for my uncle's unfortunately dieing pager store. It was awesome for baseball scores. On dates and getting baseball score updates. It was cool because my girlfriend at the time was as big a baseball fan as me and we both wanted to know how the game was going.
    Semper Fi
    05-04-2016 05:26 PM
    Great idea for a thread keep em coming .
    05-05-2016 07:28 AM
    I was in Northridge CA and had a Motorola StarTac. Loved it.
    05-07-2016 03:57 AM
    I was in NE Washington DC, and had a Sony CMD-Z1. Got real hot if you used it for a long time... might explain some things

Where were you in 1999? What device did you have?-maxresdefault.jpg
    blackmagicwoman and Spencerdl like this.
    05-07-2016 07:12 AM
    In 1999 what device did I have.......... Actually, it should be what devices (plural) LOL. At the time I was working full time as a Two Way Radio Maintenance Tech / Vehicle Equipment Installer for the North Carolina Highway Patrol, as well as a volunteer Firefighter. Here's a rundown of all the equipment I was using at the time: My first cellphone was a Motorola Star Tac with the clip on personal organizer for the back, a Motorola Minitor 2 pager (Two Tone Voice alert pager), a Motorola Advisor alphanumeric pager (the original "big green screen" version with service through A+ Communications, that changed to A+ Network, and lastly USA Mobility before we phased those devices out) used to receive pertinent call information whenever my FD was dispatched for a call, a Motorola MTS2000 Model 3 800MHz portable radio for both the FD and Highway Patrol, & a Motorola Systems Saber 3 VHF Portable for the same purpose. In my vehicle I had a Motorola Syntor A9 Low Band VHF mobile radio, a Motorola Syntor A9 Highband VHF mobile radio, and a Motorola Spectra W9 800 mobile radio. I also had a "hard mount" hands free kit/cradle for my Star Tac as well. Yes, I was very partial to Motorola back in the those days LOL.

So I know that's a lot more than what was asked for but I figured why not LOL
    Spencerdl likes this.
    06-18-2016 01:32 PM
135 ... 456