Where were you in 1999? What device did you have?

blackmagicwoman

Trusted Member
Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I had purchased my first home and my first new car. I had a burgundy Motorola flip phone. That was the shiniest phone and I loved it so much. I had no idea what a Blackberry was. I was pickin' in high cotton. Partying like it was 1999

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I was in my senior year of high school and selling computers part-time at Circuit City. I bought a sweet Motorola StarTAC and was one of very few kids in my class with a cell phone.

k1ward

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I had just upgraded to my Palm T|C, which I still have. Both it and my old Blackberries were/are still ahead of my iPhone 6. I can still search for things in the calendar on the older devices back to 1999, I can't do that on my iPhone!!!

violetjune

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I bought my first house in 1999 as well, had a land line and a flip phone, but wasn't really into the phone at all, my first cell phone I got back around the early/mid 90's and that was a brick

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
1999? We were in a temporary arrangement living in a barn in Eastaboga, Alabama. We had a landline we shared with the mice. No cell. I still had a beeper though.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I was 9/10, no cell phone. I remember the answering machine though. I can't even remember if I had a calculator though, at the time I think we shared them at school. My mom had a cell phone though.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I was 9/10, no cell phone. I remember the answering machine though. I can't even remember if I had a calculator though, at the time I think we shared them at school. My mom had a cell phone though.

9 or 10? Dude, you're killing me...(laughing)

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I was in 10th grade and had a TI-89 calculator. If you were found to have a cell phone in my school at that time you were immediately suspended for 2 weeks because they assumed anyone who had a cell phone then was a drug dealer.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I was in 10th grade and had a TI-89 calculator. If you were found to have a cell phone in my school at that time you were immediately suspended for 2 weeks because they assumed everyone who had a pager or cell phone at that time was a drug dealer.

Dude, my new grandpa moniker is really setting in right now...(laughing)

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I think my cell phone at the time was a Nokia 5110. But before that, I had a bag phone. I didn't choose it.. my husband did. :rolleyes:

I also owned a compaq ipaq, which I never fully utilized.

Last edited:

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I had purchased my first home and my first new car. I had a burgundy Motorola flip phone. That was the shiniest phone and I loved it so much. I had no idea what a Blackberry was. I was pickin' in high cotton. Partying like it was 1999

Thanks for starting this post. Like it!

I was 39 and had just moved from Ontario to Alberta. Owned a iMac G3 and had a brick for a cell phone. Believe it was a Motorola. There was no way you put it in a pocket. Had just finished buying my 3rd home. Was well into my career in the printing industry and was a production manager. Had just stated my other career as a firefighter & EMT.

blackmagicwoman

Trusted Member
Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for starting this post. Like it!

I was 39 and had just moved from Ontario to Alberta. Owned a iMac G3 and had a brick for a cell phone. Believe it was a Motorola. There was no way you put it in a pocket. Had just finished buying my 3rd home. Was well into my career in the printing industry and was a production manager. Had just stated my other career as a firefighter & EMT.

I just wanted to have a thread where everybody could participate. Not for any particular phone or just to be able to share things with other members. Sometimes the forums forget about the iPhone 4,4s, 5, 5s models. Thanks for participating.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR