Is it ok if I post a link to an article about an Apple ID phishing scam on Kim Komando's website?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've seen scams like this quite a bit. Usually an email. They're phishing for your personal info. In this case, the Apple ID.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Right! But I've never heard of a text like this! Is it ok to post, or is it even worth it?

It's fine to post about it. They're just trying to get away from too many links. I've never seen an Apple related scam via text. Others though. All my Apple scams have been via email.

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
They are probably the group that is doing something similar to Microsoft windows users. A phone call warning that your product key is set to expire. How do people fall for this crap?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
They are probably the group that is doing something similar to Microsoft windows users. A phone call warning that your product key is set to expire. How do people fall for this crap?

Beats the heck out of me! We've got my MIL so frightened to click on anything, that she won't do anything until she's consulted us... including updating her iPhone and iPad! :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods